What's new

Issue with JE Adams Vacuum

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
Hi all-

We installed JE Adams vacs two years ago with Cryptopay and bill acceptors only, no coins. This is the first time I've had an issue with any of them. The Cryptopay works fine as it should, and the timer (Dixmor LED 7) reads what it normally does. Only problem is, when you insert a bill it doesn't beep (it would normally beep 4 times for 4 pulses). Then, the timer will read "v7.36", which is I guess is the software version of the timer. I tried to swap in another led7 but it's an older model and I don't have any kind of book for it to program it correctly. I had it set to 8 coins, and it would read 4 each time you put in a dollar but still no beeping. Using both timers, the timer starts to count down as it should, but it doesn't start the vacuum.

I am planning on buying a couple spare (new) led7's and swapping in a newer one. I'm hoping that's the problem, but I guess it could also be an issue with the bill acceptor.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Randy

Reaction score
The first thing I’d do is to try swapping out the validator. If you put a dollar into the bill validator and the timer goes to “v7.36” there might be something wrong with the validator. The Dixmor LED-2 and LED-3 timers look identical to the LED-7 timer. You can send an older version of the LED-7 timer and have them repaired and upgraded to the latest software version. I would only buy 1 spare LED-7 and 1 spare bill validator. Here’s a link to Dixmor’s web site http://dixmor.com/ lots of good info there.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Had a dixmor timer doing this last week and it was the horn. Unhook the wires from it and see if it quits shorting out the timer when it tries to beep.

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies Randy & pcb. Yesterday I swapped in another bill acceptor and got the same result. I also tried a brand new LED7 that I bought - same thing. I'll go ahead and check out the horn tomorrow. Was going to pull the hood off anyway and start checking for anything shorted out. Thanks guys

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
Tried this and that was the problem. Works fine now - thank you I really appreciate it