What's new

Islam, religion of peace

mac

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how long our webmaster will keep this up, but I am soooo fed up Muslims and the freaking intellectuals who just don't want to offend anyone. Yes, it is true that not all Muslims are terrorists. It is also TRUE that all , OK maybe 99%, of all terrorists are Muslims. Look at this piece of crap major who shot up Ft Hood. Muslim. Look at this piece of crap they are about to execute for the DC sniper slayings. Muslim. Look at all the recent acts of cowardice. Muslims. Look at the father who ran over and killed his daughter in Arizona. Muslim. And, oh, we have to accommodate them. Foot baths for prayers in airport restrooms. Time off for Ramadam. Let them wear halloween costumes in normal work and at airport security lines. I am just tired of it. They are trying to take over the planet. And we can't even criticize them. They can kill people for publishing cartoons of their leader (who was fond of young boys by the way), yet it's considered art to put a crucifix in a jar of urine. When I go anyplace I watch the Muslims, and I let them know it. I am not subtle about it. It is time they got their collective noses rubbed into it. I did not spend four years in the Marine Corps to have a bunch of fifth century bigots attemt to tell me how to live. Don't agree with me or any of this? Too bad. Get over it.

Joe Law

Reaction score
Marine Corps

Happy Birthday Mac and to all fellow Marines

bigleo48

Reaction score
Mac,

Yeah it's likely to get removed and I hear you. But I can't say that it's just Islam that bothers me...although they seem to be the most fanatical. I remember hearing a Muslim comedian say "We can crash jets into buildings, but we couldn't build a jet". To me that says a lot. Imagine that you are a Muslim and the Koran says that it is the only religion and everyone else are infidels. But everyone else is moving one and evolving, getting better education and slowly cutting off the chains of religion. Now us infidels control much of the world and lead the way in very important areas such as medicine, communications, etc. No wonder they are angry...their book says they are "the ones", yet they see themselves being marginalized further everyday. Once oil becomes less of an issue, they will be even more so and the rest of the world won't even care or listen. The Islam delusion will grow and eventually they will realize that they need to look out for themselves in a productive way and move on break the chains of religion.

My 2 cents...

pfreeman

Reaction score
This forum is not the correct place for this debate. Please remove. These remarks are not representational of all Americans.

bigleo48

Reaction score
This forum is not the correct place for this debate. Please remove. These remarks are not representational of all Americans.
pfreeman,

I disagree. This section of the forum is "Just About Anything". But I do agree that the remarks are not representative of all Americans (or all other nationalities who are represented on this forum).

But what I find annoying is that whenever these kind of subjects are attempted to be discussed, we need to put a stop to it?! I believe it is very important to discuss. I personally do not agree with everything Mac is saying, but I understand his frustration. I believe it is important to discuss this amongst our peers to better understand his/our feelings and perceptions.

What I would like to see now is someone of the Muslim faith to speak up and provide their point of view from their vantage point so we can all get of sense of the 'other' side.

Big

bigleo48

Reaction score
In my first post to Mac, I mentioned that "I can't say that it's just Islam that bothers me", what I meant is that all religions bother me as I view them as political special interest groups. I am not saying that I believe everything religions do is bad, quite to the contrary. But what I am concerned with it when wars and other atrocities are performed in the name of god (whatever one you choose to subscribe to). That makes me wonder if there is a god or is it just a myth. For example, if you are of a Jewish faith, you must be wondering where god was when the Nazis where killing them by the hundreds of thousands! So why do we believe so strongly about our gods when just as much evidence points to the opposite?

Here's 10 mintues well spent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQLD59fK_Iw

If interested in more detail, it is available in three parts;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGkRFFBd0A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_E0vfP79yE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyXIeB1qI6w

Big

Louise

Reaction score
Mac, my mom was Muslim. She was the kindest, most gentle and honest woman ever. She came to this country and worked her socks off. Financially she did better than most Americans will ever do and gave ALOT of money to those less fortunate - all anonymously. She was proud to be an American and was a real asset to this country.

Most Muslims Americans are grateful to be in this country - they work hard because it is the only way they know - and they are not a drain on this society. Yes, some Muslims are fanatics and some Muslims are crazy people, the majority are peaceful. Unfortunately, we have yet to see a Muslim leader speak up and condemn these acts, but I believe it will come.

mac

Reaction score
Louise, thanks for the thought, and for the things that your mother did. Your last sentence said what bugs me about this whole thing. Where are the muslim leaders? They can issue some stupid ruling saying it's OK to kill a cartoonist, but not to condemn the killing of innocents. Where are the outraged muslims turning in these killers from the mosques. All of these killers were actively going to mosques, yet not bothered to turn these people in. As long as muslims think it is just fine to put bombs on their children and blow themselves up there will be problems like this. What do you think would be the response of say the Baptists, Episcipaliens, or Jews, if someone from their place of worship had done this? The muslim community is just too silent on this. I have heard that "only" about 10% of muslims believe in this jihad crap. Well with one billion muslims out there, that means there are 100 million of them that think this is just fine. Also, thanks to my marine buddies for the Semper Fi.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Louise,

Yes in all cultures and communities there are the crazies. Your mother sounds like she was a great person and she exemplifies the best of the immigration influx into this country (after all, unless we are Native Americans, we are all either immigrants or descendants of immigrants and I am no different.

My issue is with religion and fanaticism. I don't want to single out Muslims because there are fundamentalists and extremist in all religion. I like to think that your mother was just a good, caring and compassionate person and that would not have changed regardless of faith or no religion at all.

Big

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Happy vetrans day to all!!

Mac and Big Leo

you guys said it best!!!
Here is my two cents
Over their in the "holyLand" they have been killing themselfs for more than 100 years WHY??? over RELIGON and LAND its sick and WRONG. The scary part is as time goes on It will just get worse.

FYI If I to do my life over again I would join the Marines....
I have never meet a bad Marine and I love their sniper mottos " If its not a head shot then its a miss"

WASH THE PLANET!!!

C.R. HAMEL

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Extremism in any direction is a dangerous thing.

You can see this problem all over Europe, the governments are bending over backwards trying to allow freedom of religion. The results are more demands and problems. In our head long dash to offend no one we too are selling our butts down the river. If there was religious freedom in the middle east, maybe it would make more sense.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Extremism in any direction is a dangerous thing.

You can see this problem all over Europe, the governments are bending over backwards trying to allow freedom of religion. The results are more demands and problems. In our head long dash to offend no one we too are selling our butts down the river. If there was religious freedom in the middle east, maybe it would make more sense.
Fair is fair even if they don't practice it and we try to. But the only way to make any of this work is a secular society with a complete separation of church and state.

Big

MikeV

Reaction score
Happy Birthday and Semper Fi to all my Marine Brothers and Sisters.
If you will remember, we rounded up all the Japanese and put them in holding camps during WWII, Its because of all this P C Crap that we tolerate the ne'er-do-wells in this country now and even make life easier for them. I say ...well...maybe I better not say!!!

Etowah

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I know that there are some Ma. guys on the board. I'm dying to have somebody explain to me how it is possible to vote for Barney Frank as your representative.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
The home town boy is always ok. Growing pot in his backyard and running a "call boy" service out of his basement, what could possibly be wrong with that behavior in DC. With what's going on in Washington, his "sins" are really minor. These type of people routinly get reelected even when they are in prison. Usually, you need to be black, but maybe not anymore.

You get elected for one term and you receive your 100% pay for the rest of your life. Only the stupid, stay in for more than one term. You might screw up and go to jail.

We may have reached the tipping point, the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Those sins are minor but as the chair of the banking commitee he is a hell of a lot more responsible for this financial meltdown than Greenspan (who seems to be the chosen scapegoat). It was that commitee that mandated that banks loan money to prople who couldn't possibly pay it back. Now Barney wants more authority to oversee that it never happens again. I'm just curious who votes for this guy.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Those sins are minor but as the chair of the banking commitee he is a hell of a lot more responsible for this financial meltdown than Greenspan (who seems to be the chosen scapegoat). It was that commitee that mandated that banks loan money to prople who couldn't possibly pay it back. Now Barney wants more authority to oversee that it never happens again. I'm just curious who votes for this guy.
Heres a breakdown on some of his constituants.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provincetown,_Massachusetts

In the mid-1960s, Provincetown saw population growth. The town's rural character appealed to the hippies of the era; furthermore, property was relatively cheap and rents were correspondingly low, especially during the winter. Many of those who came stayed and raised families. Commercial Street gained numerous cafes, leather shops, head shops — various hip small businesses blossomed and many flourished.
In the mid-1970s members of the gay community began moving to Provincetown. In 1978 the Provincetown Business Guild (PBG) was formed to promote gay tourism. Today more than 200 businesses belong to the PBG and Provincetown is perhaps the best-known gay summer resort on the East Coast.

mac

Reaction score
The last that I heard, and this from the United Nations, there are about 110 active "wars going on around the planet. Of those all but about three have Muslims doing the fighting. Coincidence?