What's new

Is Ultimate-Supplies Inc out of business or closed?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to reach them since Friday. Their 800 number doesn’t work and their website doesn’t come up anymore. All I get is ‘File Not Found (404 Error)

Anyone have any info?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I tried to order something a few days ago and just got voicemail and they will call back. That didn't happen, but I wasn't surprised because it wasn't the first time.

APW

Reaction score
I just googled it to see what company ya'll were talking about and it says Permanently Closed on their google listing.

wgwagg

Reaction score
Explains why they refused to reorder the fan for us, I.B.!

Anyone have another source for parts on their equipment? I’m sure when fall arrives many of us will be in need of parts for thier doors and heaters.

soapy

Reaction score
Ambi-rad is who made their heaters. They used a 3 inch tube vs. industry standard of 4 inch tubes. I was able to scource locally for about 1/3 of the cost. Last bid I got on a see through door 10 x10 was over $7100. I got similar door locally for $2400. They at one time had a exclusive on the radiant heaters they sold for the US but Ithink that went away and they could not charge the crazy prices anymore.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Soapy, why didn't you post this a few days ago? I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a fan assembly for wgwagg and finally found one. Guess what? It was from Ambi-Rad. Next time, don't wait so long to finally do something...;)

soapy

Reaction score
I now buy the units that have the fans and heater unit built into the same box. These seem to work better for me. I had 4 inch tubes and replaced the whole heater box with fan a couple of years ago for about $800 each.

srr5008

Reaction score
Seeing this a little late, but the Owner was diagnosed with a terminal illness and decided to close the business. We were in the process of ordering new doors from them, when they closed their doors.

mac

Reaction score
I'm still amazed at businesses that just close as opposed to selling it. Sold mine earlier this year and am really loving it.

kdallen3

Reaction score
Need help for resource to purchase parts for Ultimate Vinyl roll up doors. Specifically the motor. I understand they have closed. Any help for parts would be appreciated. Winter is quickly approaching.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
My control box fried on my opener system that I just bought last year. It's on a polycarbonate door with 1" shaft. It was only used one season, so I would assume it's still good, but don't know how to test it. I've ordered an Airlift setup to replace it. I'm in central Ky.

ccolson321

Reaction score
American Garage Door Supply Inc bought Ultimate's inventory. We are Currently going through everything to see what exactly we have. We do have replacement belts and a bunch of other parts, Just give us a call and we will see if we have what you need!

Cody Olson
1-800-233-1487

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have had good experience with both Airlift & American Garage Door Supply. Although I do remember recently that one of our locals ordered some "what appears to better plastic-stainless rollers" for our Alaskan Polycarbonate OVD doors. Both being in Minnesota they know first hand the logistics of how brutal winter weather can be on overhead doors!

Part of the nicety was that Airlift allows us to pre buy & pickup up parts on our way back from Mpls-St. Paul. If we were forced to buy everything just local special order it would have been much more costly. Not sure if both outfits have a discount for any car wash operators but we usually buy in quantity when we buy. We actually store spare polycarbonate panels for unforeseen emergency "in house" replacements regardless of weekend timing or whatever. Also the locals don't do much with "Strapeze" which is the counterweight system that we prefer! The Strapeze Straps can & have been made by a local 3rd generation family shoe repair shop.

I never did buy from "Ultimate" ... I think I did scout them out though some years back. I was not impressed by their infrared heater price & specs ... but that probably was just me.

wash4me

Reaction score
Ambi-rad is who made their heaters. They used a 3 inch tube vs. industry standard of 4 inch tubes. I was able to scource locally for about 1/3 of the cost. Last bid I got on a see through door 10 x10 was over $7100. I got similar door locally for $2400. They at one time had a exclusive on the radiant heaters they sold for the US but Ithink that went away and they could not charge the crazy prices anymore.
What brand was the door for $2400? I would like to see if there is a local dealer.