Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Up, down, or sideways on 2022…?

Size and type of car wash….?

years in biz….?

Best guess on why….?
My business was UP in 2022
5 Bay SS
40 years in business (I've owned it for 20 years)
Demographics support high-end, modern SS car wash. Between me, my boyfriend & nephew we go 2-3 times a day to empty the trash, clean bays & run off loiterers. I have 31 HD cameras. I love the cw industry & enjoy working at my car wash, talking to customers. I have in-bay dryers, gentle hogs-hair foam brushes, accept credit cards, mobile payment app, quality chemicals, responsive customer service.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I'm up at my washes anywhere from 20% to 37% from finally listening to this forum and raising prices.

I have 4 washes (5 ss + 1 IBA, 6 ss, 4 ss, 4 ss)

Last two 4 bay ss are complete remodels. One I just reopened and business is great out of the gate. Second one should be a 2022 1st qtr project.

This is my 8th yr in the biz but I'm a part time car washer with 4 car washes go figure that one......

My washes are up bc of the price increase but also taking care of them, keeping them clean and working. Giving good chemicals and interacting with customers.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had the best Year ever in 2022 as measured by revenue per site. In bay and SS. Many SS carwashes and gas station IBAs have closed, I have customers driving 20-30 minutes to my flagship wash as it's the closest one that isn't an inner city dump

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I had the best Year ever in 2022 as measured by revenue per site. In bay and SS. Many SS carwashes and gas station IBAs have closed, I have customers driving 20-30 minutes to my flagship wash as it's the closest one that isn't an inner city dump
Congratulations Greg!! I'm very happy that your hard work is paying off. It's not easy keeping your car wash clean and well-maintained, but your customers & community definitely appreciate it! :)

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Up, down, or sideways on 2022…? - Expect to have slight improvement in 2023 over 2022 figures. Similarly, 2022 was up slightly on 2021.

Size and type of car wash….? - 3 bay SS + dog wash, country town & surrounding district of 3,000. Wash isn't our primary source of income, also have an auto workshop.

years in biz….? - 3.5 years for us, wash is about 11 years old

Best guess on why….? - My best guess on yearly increase is improved cleanliness, new & improved chemical delivery, locals getting into the habit of washing their car regularly....

Good Moody

Reaction score
My business was UP in 2022
5 Bay SS
40 years in business (I've owned it for 20 years)
Demographics support high-end, modern SS car wash. Between me, my boyfriend & nephew we go 2-3 times a day to empty the trash, clean bays & run off loiterers. I have 31 HD cameras. I love the cw industry & enjoy working at my car wash, talking to customers. I have in-bay dryers, gentle hogs-hair foam brushes, accept credit cards, mobile payment app, quality chemicals, responsive customer service.
Hi Kim, what brand camera system do you use? Thanks!

Reactions: sjb

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi Kim, what brand camera system do you use? Thanks!
I lease cameras from Alert360, comes with responsive customer service. I used to buy cameras from a local installer but he never responded when I had a technical issue or NVR problem. They also monitor my alarm & video cameras.

Good Moody

Reaction score
I lease cameras from Alert360, comes with responsive customer service. I used to buy cameras from a local installer but he never responded when I had a technical issue or NVR problem. They also monitor my alarm & video cameras.
Ok, Thank you, I'll take a look at them. :)