What's new

Is there anyone who runs carwash cash only?

yjpark7621

Reaction score
I run a carwash in southern California, still cash only, and now thinking of installing cryptopay.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might want to hold off for a bit, there are some new systems coming. Cryptopay is great right now, but it's already one of the highest in fees and might get even higher if CC companies start charging more for swipe-only transactions.

My wash is cash only, and I don't think my customer base will make CC worthwhile, but I still intend to add it to a couple bays and vacs.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
I have a friend and super operator that is C.C. Debit Card only.. he dropped Cash and his business went up 10%.. he is Count UP and credit card customers spend more money.. so if a cash guy comes in, there is a 90% chance he has a Ccard or Dcard in his pocket.. I'm now at 70% Credit and dropping cash SOON!.. so much easier and no cash to mess with.. WOW!

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you're CC only, what if you want a few bucks for petty cash, wife needs some money, or kids need some walk around money"...?

washnshine

Reaction score
If you're CC only, what if you want a few bucks for petty cash, wife needs some money, or kids need some walk around money"...?
Take $100 per week out of the bank- you’ll have at least that extra from all those cc sales!

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it ? I hear that so many times, it is actually false.. even reverse of what you may be thinking.. people put their pants on in the East Coast the same way as the West Coast.. YM2C.. I think you would be SHOCKED!!
Doug

MEP001

Reaction score
I hear that so many times, it is actually false
From one of your own posts:

" Hi.. We tried Count Up but it was confusing to the customer.. "

Almost everyone else runs count-up with success and without confusion to the customer, so please stop posting the BS that this or that which has to work best for everyone is a fact. If something works for you, great. Say it once and move along, there's no need to keep coming back stating your way is the only way.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I have 5 sites totaling 27 self service bays and 4 IBA’s. I use Cryptopay (count up only) and except cash and coin in all wash bays. Credit cards for bays and IBA’s account for good portion of my business, especially with Covid, even more in 2020. True the fees are expensive, but my average ticket in the self service is $7.75. I would never go back to just cash. My bay pricing is $3 for 5 minutes to start, cash or credit. As a side note, the demographics vary widely among my sites. Credit card usage is much higher in the higher income areas vs lower income, where many customers are unbanked, but the average ticket when a card is used, still is about the same across the board.