What's new

Is there a way to block certain credit cards on Cryptopay?

sparkey

Reaction score
So I have never had chargebacks before until I switched my Hamilton ACW to cryptopay from my old hamilton dial up credit card reader. Now I seem to get one every few weeks. So is there a way to block credit cards that have caused chargebacks in the past so they don't happen again? Has anyone ever filed a police report for fraud when they use your wash then dispute the charges or file a trespass order if they come back to your wash?

MEP001

Reaction score
I remember reading here that you want your Cryptopay charges to show your car wash name on the customers' statement, otherwise they won't recognize it and might dispute it.

sparkey

Reaction score
I remember reading here that you want your Cryptopay charges to show your car wash name on the customers' statement, otherwise they won't recognize it and might dispute it.
It shows my carwash name on the customers statement.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with one customer. Twice they have disputed a charge saying they should only have been charged $2.50, but they racked up $ 11 or 12 dollars of time. My max charge per swipe is $15, so they didn't wash for a couple minutes and forget to press the stop button.
By the time world pay sends the dispute, its to late to do anything about it, not that I would spend a bunch of time to recover $20, but it would be nice to block that card.
If anyone know how, please share!

STXCW

Reaction score
There isn't much you can do since you don't have a chip reader. And since, "we" aren't in compliance our hands are tied. We get a few every couple months and always seem to be the same card numbers. We have tried to block them but have had zero luck. I understand if they say I didn't feel secure by swiping my card, but when they keep doing this it turns to fraud.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I 7D20519E-F7AA-4521-9609-C53E7E9CDD00.jpeg I don’t even dispute the chargebacks as there’s no proof that fraud wasn’t involved since it’s all self service. Most of mine are idiot customers that don’t hit the “flashing green” button to end their charges and get billed the full $15. Unfortunately, they dispute the entire $15 so I lose out on all. It’s annoying, but with Cryptopay, it’s just something I guess we have to accept. The picture I’ve attached are chargeback letters just for 2021. Stack is 5”high. It’s always annoying to got the PO Box and get two or three every time for sure.