What's new

Is it just my computer?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
On my computer the list of threads is not left justified any more, they are centered on the page. It's harder to read and looks kinda silly. Is anyone else seeing this?

MEP001

Reaction score
The only part about it that bugs me is that the "Go to first new post" button is no longer lined up on the left side of the page.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
That is strange, as in IE and FireFox, it is correct at my end.Try killing your cache, by going to tools--delete temp files. I know Pat is blind and has his set at 800x600 or something, but I can't make it do what you guys are seeing.

BTW, if you use "NEW POSTS" IN THE Nav Bar to jump to the new post since your last visit. Then on the left, you hit "View First Unread" and it takes you right where you left off.

I was able to duplicate the non-centering in IE, I didn't touch that coding so I have no idea.

For security as well as a nicer browser, I recommend using FireFox, its free, you might try it. You can have both, actually, I also have Safari

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
"I know Pat is blind and has his set at 800x600 or something, but I can't make it do what you guys are seeing."

No, I changed it to 1024 X 768 or whatever you said, about a year ago. I also tried the "new posts" way and they are still centered. I'll try killing the cats and see what happens.

lag

Reaction score
I see the threads lined up in the middle also. Other forums I visit are ok. Not sure whats going on here.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I see the threads lined up in the middle also. Other forums I visit are ok. Not sure whats going on here.
Yeah same here, only this site. I kinda doubt that everyone's computer started this all at the same time. I'm sure Bill is in the background trying to figure it out.

P

Patrick H. Crowe

New Format

As reported in "Is It Just My Computer" I am also having to shift left and right to read postings. In addition the reply "thing" is missing on them. That's why I'm doing a new posting. Could we please adopt the old saying: "If it ain't broke PLEASE don't try and fix it".

It seems to me some year back we had the same left/right mess. After many reports it finally got fixed. Would it be possible to just put it back the way it was?

Patrick H. Crowe

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Ok, its 3AM and I finally corrected the problem. Firefox, fixes minor problems with code, but IE doesn't, another reason to use FireFox.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
All because, I dropped a </td> inadvertently. Of course, I didn't figure that out until I had destroyed the whole thing and had to rebuilt from scratch.

MikeV

Reaction score
Yep, mine is back to normal as well. I was getting tired of having to scroll left/right to read the posts. Thanks, Bill