What's new

Is anyone there at Dilling & Harris?

mac

Reaction score
You know Kevin, you're right. While there are some shining examples in our so called industry, there is still an overwhelming supply of shoddy, incompetent, and outright dishonest people. I would have thought that Harry Bauge would have learned something over the years. I've seen him firsthand loose large sums of money on projects that were driven by his ego. Nothing wrong with ego, you need it to be in business. It just should be accompanied by reason or luck. In this case it seems there is neither.

dbrewer

Reaction score
grant sales

Grant Sales is now run by Todd&Melissa Garrett(in laws of Harry-I believe).We bought 3 Karchers from them and sold one site with 2 of the units and I am still operating the other site.I've had issues with these machines with parts & service being the main problem.Several of the techs.were not knowledgeable on the Karcher but Grant Sales would charge me for on-the-job-training of these techs.We got cross ways on this issue.These Karcher automatics are heavy on mainteance and the parts cost 2 to 3 times that of American automatics.Grant Sales has sold approx.35-40 machines and I far as I know they have 0 satisified customers.If they run Dilling&Harris like they run Grant Sales,it'll be a total mess.That's my take on this issue.Gota'go.

dbrewer

Reaction score
Good luck! I know an installer that put in a tunnel for Grant Sales and he hasn't been paid yet(not a large amount) and the job was completed about 3-4 months ago.Todd Garrett(owner of Grant Sales) told him the customer hasn't paid him so he couldn't pay him(the small amount).

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
third time, in three tries now, that ive ordered something from dilling-harris (replacement parts) and ten days or more later i call to find out the status of the order, and nothing has been sent...they usually try to steer you to voice mail at this point....you leave a voicemail, call back a couple of days later, aske the same questions, say no, i dont want voice mail, ive tried that, and then someone goes and boxes up the part and sends it...course they got us by the short ones, as i dont know where else to get the part, etc...i really am starting to hate them with a passion

mac

Reaction score
dbrewer, you should tell your installer friend to file a lein on the property.It can be very effective in getting paid. What simply amazes me about this whole affair with Grant Dilling Harris is that no one there seems to be following this discussion. Here they are swimming in incompetence and the people here are telling them how to improve. And no response from anyone there. For any of their customers in Florida, I have a special going on replacing their equipment. Business has been good.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Had the same problem a few weeks ago as Chad. I left several phone calls and emails for tech support about one of my customer's Vendmasters. At the same time I had faxed in an order for some parts, and two vendors. Never got a response for either issue. All of the sudden one day they found my order, and had it shipped, and I was finally able to speak to someone in tech. My customer's vendor was out of service almost 4 weeks by the time this was all dealt with, and there was nothing I could do for him.

bigleo48

Reaction score
...course they got us by the short ones, as i dont know where else to get the part, etc...i really am starting to hate them with a passion
Chad,

Kleen-rite sells some of the parts for the vend-master...but they likely have the same issues with getting htme in the first place :(

mac

Reaction score
Holy Cow. I was at a site today that has a four year old vend Master. Someone had simply punched through the clear plexiglass front. Looking at it I was stunned that it was two sheets of 1/8" thick material. It does not take a tenth degree black belt to punch through that. A high school sophomore with two beers in him could do it. This is incredably poor design. Since Grant Dilling Harris doesn't make this stuff, does anyone out there know who made it for them? I would be willing to get parts to support owners of these. Any info greatly appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
mac said:
Looking at it I was stunned that it was two sheets of 1/8" thick material.
Someone probably replaced the original material with acrylic panels. They used much thicker Lexan which is many times stronger.

mac

Reaction score
MEP001, I 'm not so sure about that. The brace on the backside of the door that holds the material is sized for a very thin piece of material. No way near a half inch. Don't know if all were built this way, or somehow this one was either modified or special. Barry Boyd sold the equipment package so anything is possible. I am still surprised that no one from grantdillingharris has bothered to say anything about this post. Surely someone there must visit this site.

MEP001

Reaction score
mac said:
Surely someone there must visit this site.
Surely? There's a whole Jim Coleman sub-forum, and no one from there ever posts or replies.