What's new

Is anyone there at Dilling & Harris?

mac

Reaction score
Maybe it's the conjunction of some planatary bodies causing this. Whatever it is, it's frustrating, and it seems to be spreading. My company has been trying to buy some touch select meter box door overlays for three months now. That is not a typo. Three months of poor excuses. We call every week and just keep getting a runaround. If they don't want to sell it, they should just say so. They have sold us other things, but can't seem to get their hands on something that they are still selling. To me, and this is just me, but if someone can not ship a simple part, why in blazes would anyone order anything expensive from them. The only excuse we haven't heard is that the dog ate them. My customer thinks that my company must be ran by idiots. This just stinks.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I'd have some custome made locally...like be cheaper too

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
I ordered a belt from there monday...a belt.... for the pump to motor on the ss. They didn't have it and had to order it from the manufacturer....a belt!

mac

Reaction score
As a follow up, thanks for getting me the place that makes the decals for them. For the life of me, I can not fathom why they won't return a simple phone call. The first two were polite. The last one wasn't. I even gave them my personal cell # in case someone wanted to cuss me back. Nada. I think that the other rumors about IVS going tango uniform wer directed at the wrong company. I visited D&H many years ago when I lived in the area and was surprised ti find no manufacturing going on. They farmed out everything. Just seemed like a strange way to do business. Every other manufacture that I have been to, you could see people building things. They sure are not actually building things because they are too busy on the phone.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
D&H was bought out recently, by an investment group in Texas. At least that is the info that I have from a relable source.

mac

Reaction score
Whoever bought them needs a wakeup call.

washnvac

Reaction score
Whoever bought it as an investment should buy Enron, Tyco, and the likes as well. When I saw them at the Atlantic City show, I told them they should find a new line of work, because their vending machines $uck.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I put D/H Touch Select meterbox faces in my first wash and had problems with stupid customers using the tip of the wand to jab at the next selection. Some part of that sentence was redudant - I'll let you get which. Plus, they were a real pain to replace...especially using 20 degree fingers.

garmo

Reaction score
I personally am glad D&H sold out. Bryan Harris has put me off for over a year in getting me credits that are rightfully due me for defective merchandise. He was, and now I know why, putting me off until he got his deal done with the buyer. I know they had employee problems in the last two years, but you would think a company would stand by the words of one of the owners. I feel that I have been cheated, in a literal sense by Mr. Harris.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
They more than likely the new owners bought all liabilities. Call and talk with the new owners, and post the results here. The forum has motivated more than one company to take care of smelly fish.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
The new owners are Grant Ind. somewhere in Texas.
So far their service by phone leaves alot to be desired.
Phone number 972-424-3531
Good Luck

Doug P.

Reaction score
This post explains a lot. I ordered a part for my vendmaster and after a several month wait I received it. A week later I received 2 coinco changer assemblies that had been repaired by dh for someone else but they shipped them to me and charged my credit card for the repair. I called and called and called with no results so I finally called the credit card company to dispute the charge. It really sucks when a company will not return your call.
I guess the parts will wind up on ebay.

Doug P.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
That is truly sad, things will need to change or you won't see their banners on this site. One thing that I have found, is that when a non-supporting company starts to get talked about on the forum, in a negative light, management does get the word, remember the guy that said that he wiped his **** with hundred dollar bills? They either get the message and change their ways or they foolishly blow it off. There is no doubt that the Forum does help you to find a good company or avoid the bad ones.

phred113

Reaction score
I believe the new owners will have the place back to the way it was years ago when Joe was alive - a premier manufacturer and supplier. This will take time and some short term understanding from the industry. The guys at Grant Sales are innovative and will likely be introducing new products and concepts to the market. After all, there has not been much new going on in SS equipment for a long time.

mac

Reaction score
Well this should be fun to watch. If I am assuming correctly that this Grant Sales is the same one I used to work for many moons ago, it will be a challange. Harry Bauge was the owner of Grant Sales and had a thriving Ryko distributorship, until he turned it over to his daughter. Sometime after that Ryko cancelled them. There was a post on the old forum from someone there in TX who knew the details. Maybe he can supply some new info. Bottom line however is if they can't figure out how to return a phone call or ship a basic part, it will be interesting to see how they can turn out new innovative equipment. For our part, we have a nice little business replacing their meter boxes here in FL.

loudmouthred

Reaction score
I called Grant Sales in April to repair a Wash Select II that had been vandalized. It took over a month to get quote for my insurance adjuster, three months to finally get it repaired. Last night, the wash Select II was vandalized again, I emailed a service request and copied Unitec Electronics today. Grant has not had a good reputation in Dallas/Fort Worth for the last several years. D/H was the premier ss line once upon a time but that was 20 years ago. I even fell for it when I built my wash nine years ago, at that time the local distributor of D/H was not very good either. Generally dissappointed with D/H equipment purchase.

mac

Reaction score
It is always amusing to see one's competitor implode. Their business model must be the one about farming. The best way to make a small fortune in farming is to start with a big one.

bnwinc

Reaction score
I have had nothing but bad service (or no service) from Dilling-Harris. I can't even get a phone call returned for parts orders. I am working to source everything locally and get away from them entirely. I would rather spend 4 hours on the phone to source a part than give them another dime of my money.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
I'm reminded of the joke:

Sales manager sez: Joe, XYZ company called and complained about the bad service he was getting!

Response: What's he talking about, I've never even called on him!

Kevin James

Reaction score
Kind of goes to show ya what a BS industry the carwash business really is!! No customer support, Ma-Pop distributors. Here today gone tomorrow.

Etowah