What's new

Inventory tracking app

Rainway

Reaction score
I'd like a better system for tracking inventory - primarily our vending supplies but also critical spare parts eg vacuum motors etc. I thought there might be a relatively easy solution by now that doesn't involve spending a grand a year. If anyone knows of something please let me know. Thanks!

Eric H

Reaction score
Does the Kleen-Rite app actually work? I tried using it several years ago and couldn’t get it to work. I’m hoping they’ve updated

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Tracking for what purpose? Tracking sales? Knowing when to re - order?

OurTown

Reaction score
We use Google Sheets for vending sales and inventory. We have it set up with formulas so it automatically adjusts for inventory when we put in the sales for each item. We adjust the inventory number manually each time we get a box of vending items in. Other than figuring how much sales tax we owe it is handy when swapping out the slowest selling Little Tree for another scent. No guessing whatsoever. We do not keep track of spare parts.

SoakZone

Reaction score
We use Google Sheets for vending sales and inventory. We have it set up with formulas so it automatically adjusts for inventory when we put in the sales for each item. We adjust the inventory number manually each time we get a box of vending items in. Other than figuring how much sales tax we owe it is handy when swapping out the slowest selling Little Tree for another scent. No guessing whatsoever. We do not keep track of spare parts.
Would you be willing to share the Google sheet file? We're in the process of expanding to offer retail items and this would be very handy. Thank you!

Rainway

Reaction score
Tracking for what purpose? Tracking sales? Knowing when to re - order?
I was looking to track inventory better to know when stock is low and to re-order multiple items in a single shipment (not for sales tracking). The Kleen Rite app is new. I downloaded and will experiment with it. On the plus side it does allow multiple users and you can set an employee to not have ability to reorder. It appears it will track items available through Kleen Rite - which is most of our vending other than beverages. The app is free which is great.

The new KR Stock app is stamped developed by Tookstock. I went to their website, they sell their basic inventory service for $5/month per user which is reasonable. Enhanced features are $40/month for up to 15 users and can handle bar codes -- not really worth it to me but perhaps they'll come out with a mid-level tier of service.

Thanks for the help everyone!

OurTown

Reaction score
Would you be willing to share the Google sheet file? We're in the process of expanding to offer retail items and this would be very handy. Thank you!

Mrs. OurTown is going to make a clean uncluttered copy of it for you. Send me a PM if you do not hear from me in a few days.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I was looking to track inventory better to know when stock is low and to re-order multiple items in a single shipment (not for sales tracking).
My system is basically when I open the last box of something it's time to re order when I make my next order.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We use Google Sheets for vending sales and inventory. We have it set up with formulas so it automatically adjusts for inventory when we put in the sales for each item. We adjust the inventory number manually each time we get a box of vending items in. Other than figuring how much sales tax we owe
Why are you paying Sales tax on a vended item?

OurTown

Reaction score
Why are you paying Sales tax on a vended item?

Let me clarify. We do not pay sales tax on purchasing vending supplies. When vended at retail we include the sales tax in the price. For example let's say we bend something at $1. The customer is really paying $ .93 plus tax. Then we pay the state the tax collected.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to doing it that way as opposed to just paying saying tax when you purchase the supplies? Seems like extra record keeping that way.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to doing it that way as opposed to just paying saying tax when you purchase the supplies? Seems like extra record keeping that way.

Our CPA told us to do it this way because he said that's the law. We have a vendor's license and they are for retail sales. The way you are doing it the state (and local) gets much less money and you know how much the government loves bigger paychecks. 😁

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I'll have to ask my CPA about that. I was under the impression that 'vended items' coming out of a drop shelf or glass front vending machine were not subject to sales tax. Actually, wasn't that the catalyst for using paystations at express tunnel washes...no employee interaction on the sale turned the tunnel wash purchase into a 'vended item' just like an in-bay automatic. You're not calculating and backing out sales tax on your automatic sales are you?

OurTown

Reaction score
I'll have to ask my CPA about that. I was under the impression that 'vended items' coming out of a drop shelf or glass front vending machine were not subject to sales tax. Actually, wasn't that the catalyst for using paystations at express tunnel washes...no employee interaction on the sale turned the tunnel wash purchase into a 'vended item' just like an in-bay automatic. You're not calculating and backing out sales tax on your automatic sales are you?

Interesting point but I think there's more to it. So the chain Mike's Car Washes around here do not have pay stations so you are saying they collect sales tax and of course include it in their price? We only collect sales tax on vending items.