What's new

Intro and question on the Monex terminals

Lorne

Reaction score
Hello! Name is Lorne. I own an older (2009ish?) Xstream wash up in BC Canada. Just joined the forums and have been enjoying reading through the threads.

Recently my service provider dropped me for CC sales because my Unitec Wash Select II is no longer compliant in Canada. Which has lead me on a journey of discovery about EMV and PCI compliance.
I'm looking at some of the newer payment Terminals like Crypto and Monex. The Monex looks interesting. Does anyone know where I can find install manuals. I need to look at whether this terminal can be hooked up to the Wash Select. I emailed Monex but they have not been helpful thus far. Not off to a great start!
Any advice on the general topic of trying to modify a Wash Select to compliance is welcome.
Thanks Lorne.

APW

Reaction score
I installed one on a Wash Select a couple of months ago. The reader has wires that send out a coin pulse, so it's very easy to install. So far so good on mine.

G WASH

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same about to install some to a D&H touch Select II and at another wash to Timemaster TM5-CU

Lorne

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks for the replies.
@APW.... A coin pulse, clever! So does the Monex unit still allow cash sales? I'm wondering what people do if their tap function is not working. A lot of the tap cards are not working lately in my part of Canada. People have to insert and enter a pin. Monex wants to interact via phone only. So now I have to try and line up help to watch the wash while I talk on the phone. Annoying.

At Soonermajic Yes the Cryptopay looks interesting too. Yes I saw the stuff on the Kleen-Rite. I shop there. Its unfortunate that they insist on using UPS for shipping.

APW

Reaction score
I am also looking for a solution for my wash select 2. Can you share what the installation requires and is there a change in-how the customer has to interact with the Wash?
The reader will fit where the factory installed reader was. There are 4 wires to hook up. 24 vac hot, common, and your pulse wires. The only thing I dislike is the customer has to select the wash using the button on the paystation and then select the same wash on card reader. I had a decal made and that solved the calls from customers who couldn't figure it out.

Overachiever

Reaction score
only thing I dislike is the customer has to select the wash using the button on the paystation and then select the same wash on card reader.
yikes... mine would never be able to figure that out. i'd probably go from like 80% cash back to like 95% cash.. haha.