What's new

Internet options

Bricks

Reaction score
Hi guys! My wash currently has super slow internet. I can’t even access the reolink cameras. The local high speed internet service says it’ll be up to 30 days before they can install service and it’s about 130 bucks/month...for 600 meg speed ( they say I’ll need that fast for cameras) I’m not so sure.

Are any of you using wireless for this type of stuff (cameras and cryptopay)?

Mohrenberg

Reaction score
600mbps is crazy fast, and you definitely don't need that for cameras.

My home internet runs anywhere from 30-70mbps and I have about 10 different cameras around the property, and probably another 10 different devices connected to the WiFi. We also stream HD on multiple televisions.
We pay $50/mo.
It's through T-Mobile. They may offer it in your area. it uses their cell network.

Bricks

Reaction score
600mbps is crazy fast, and you definitely don't need that for cameras.

My home internet runs anywhere from 30-70mbps and I have about 10 different cameras around the property, and probably another 10 different devices connected to the WiFi. We also stream HD on multiple televisions.
We pay $50/mo.
It's through T-Mobile. They may offer it in your area. it uses their cell network.
What a deal! The technician said they tried to up sell me...weasels! I will check with T-Mobile. Thank you!

Mohrenberg

Reaction score

You can enter your address and they'll tell.yoi right then if it's available.
Also comes with its own phone line if you want a business phone. I've never bothered to use the phone line.

MC3033

Reaction score
The price is definitely fair for high speed but your needs are far less. 20mbps should be more then sufficient.

The cell network internet services keep getting better and better. As long as you have a solid signal in your area. Many times I cannot tell the difference between cell service and high speed wifi

Bricks

Reaction score

You can enter your address and they'll tell.yoi right then if it's available.
Also comes with its own phone line if you want a business phone. I've never bothered to use the phone line.
Just checked. Not available. The search continues. Thank you for that though!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm using AT&T, $50/month, 200mb/s.

MEP001

Reaction score
Is that unlimited data? Thanks
Yes, I know it's different in some areas, but in Texas it's the standard with ISPs to have unlimited data. I don't know of any hardline service that limits.

bert79

Reaction score
$188/month for 75mbps. Included in that is one static IP address and the rented equipment. We have Comcast Business service. They did have to run a line into the building from the line outside. We run our 13 1080p cameras and cryptopay with it

Bricks

Reaction score
Yes, I know it's different in some areas, but in Texas it's the standard with ISPs to have unlimited data. I don't know of any hardline service that limits.
Must be nice

Bricks

Reaction score
$188/month for 75mbps. Included in that is one static IP address and the rented equipment. We have Comcast Business service. They did have to run a line into the building from the line outside. We run our 13 1080p cameras and cryptopay with it
Thanks Bert! That seems awfully steep

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I've thought about using cell phone instead of the local cable company. I can't help but notice including ... T-Mobile ... for all cell contracts in our specific area ... that as soon as a monthly threshold is reached the cell data broadband speed automatically becomes much less. So far I have not needed more than 100mbps. I would not like to reach the threshold & wind up with much less mbps for the rest of the month!!!

Major Cable Company wise .... there is also our Rural BEK Communications ... but I was told there is some kind of stipulation by gov't??? or whatever that they can only hook up outside of our city limits. Satellite dishes seem like a worse deal than Micco's $100 per month 100mbps deal ... minus $20 per month discount because of the signed 3 year signed contract commitment from us.

I asked Midcontinent why it appeared residential is being charged less than business. They said the uptime level of maintenance is better for businesses.

We use a commercial grade Dell SonicWall TZ400 which might be way overkill ... when it comes to broadband router quality ... not 100% sure on that.

Last edited:

Bricks

Reaction score
I've thought about using cell phone instead of the local cable company. I can't help but notice including ... T-Mobile ... for all cell contracts in our specific area ... that as soon as a monthly threshold is reached the cell data broadband speed automatically becomes much less. So far I have not needed more than 100mbps. I would not like to reach the threshold & wind up with much less mbps!!!

Major Cable Company wise .... there is also our Rural BEK Communications ... but I was told there is some kind of stipulation by gov't??? or whatever that they can only hook up outside of our city limits. Satellite dishes seem like a worse deal than Micco's $100 per month 100mbps deal ... minus $20 per month discount because of the signed 3 year signed contract commitment from us.

I asked Midcontinent why it appeared residential is being charged less than business. They said the uptime level of maintenance is better for businesses.

We use a commercial grade Dell SonicWall TZ400 which is might be way overkill ... when it comes to broadband router quality ... not 100% sure on that.
I’ll probably go with spectrum.

Bricks

Reaction score
I don’t have a clue what static ip is . The tech mentioned something about that too. Could you explain it to me like I’m 5 years old?

PrecisionPyro

Reaction score
Each device on the internet has an address, an IP. This address can change from time to time as your modem gets updated or you get re prioritized. Some devices like to have one address for themselves. So when you're "driving to it" you don't end up in the neighbors house. A Static IP is just a way for your provider to ensure you have a constant set address, and they can bang you for an extra $60+ bucks a month.

Bricks

Reaction score
Each device on the internet has an address, an IP. This address can change from time to time as your modem gets updated or you get re prioritized. Some devices like to have one address for themselves. So when you're "driving to it" you don't end up in the neighbors house. A Static IP is just a way for your provider to ensure you have a constant set address, and they can bang you for an extra $60+ bucks a month.
Holy crap! I hope I don’t need that. Thanks a bunch!!