What's new

intelio/actvia entry system

Etowah

bmattivi

Reaction score
i have an intelio entry sytem that is just over 2 years old and has been nothing but one problem after another since i installed it. i know of two other car wash onwers that have experienced similiar issues - credit card system going down, camera not working, speakers going out, mine just two weeks ago dispensed all the bills and coin in my changers when a customer deposited a quarter, now my bill acceptor (my 2nd acceptor) just goes out, no alert from washmax it just stops taking money and there is NO SUPPORT from intelio, i had to track down a source in florida for the new acceptor no one at intelio could sell me one. they don't even return my calls or when they do, i am talking to a software guy and i need a hardware guy or vice versa. i can't even get john carroll the owner to deal with this, i have spoken with him several times but he simply never calls back

i know this system was designed for Ryko originally but i am not even sure they are using them anymore

i just wondered if there are more people out there experiencing similiar issues with no resolution other than the other two people i already know of - are there a lot of us, one of the other owners i contacted is so frustrated that he pulled his out and purchased a new wash select II which is what i have at my other wash and am considering doing at my wash with the intelio

misery loves company, please respond

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We installed 4 units two or three years ago (intelio's) and we had similar problems. Two were pulled out and are sitting in our warehouse (we replaced them with Ryko AMTT's). One is about to be replaced by Intelio with another Intelio (at a reduced cost) and the other has settled down and has had only a few problems in the past year. Ryko is now selling a stainless version (its still painted) called the Activa. We just recently started installing the Ryko version and have had some of the same problems we had before but we have been able to correct everything during the warranty period. You can buy parts from Ryko since both units are identical. I have two Intelio's in the warehouse I can make you a very good deal on...........

bmattivi

Reaction score
intelio/activa

i have two car wash sites and my older wash, 10 years old has two wash select ii's and i have never had an issue with these

i really can't throw $20,000 + in the trash and purchase a new unit, i really don't know what to do. John carroll will do nothing to help me nor will any of the people that work for him. He had mentioned early on replacing the computer and touch screen at a reduced price but thats as far as we got and I don't want to throw good money after bad if this won't fix my issues

bmattivi

Reaction score
camera does not work, touch screen has dead spots in diagnostics, speakers don't work, coin acceptor has issues we believe which caused my intelio to dispense all my 5's, 1's and quarters after a customer put one quarter in for a $10 wash, bill acceptor was going dead and i was getting a bill box full error on acceptor so i replace acceptor and now my replacement goes dead and says the sensor eyes have an issue which i can correct by turning the intelio completely off then back on, lose credit card functionality occassionly which usually requires a reboot, my receipt does not print correct info for ala cart functions and my greeting makes me sound like a gas stations which confuses customers

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
What a mess! It sounds like your only alternative is to deal with Intellio and make them listen to you or get a new coinbox. Do you have John Carrol's cell phone #?

bmattivi

Reaction score
yes i do have his cell and he actually emailed me yesterday and apologized and said he would have me taken care of by next week? next week is thanksgiving, my money is against anything happening, i hope i am wrong

mijatymi

Reaction score
intelio/John Caroll

I purchased 9 units back in 2009 and have gotten rid of 7 of them. They are junk and John Caroll is a complete loser. I needed a bunch of warrantied replacement parts and he said that I would have to pay for them up front and once he recieved the core he would reimburse me. That never happened. Don't make the same mistakes i did. I had 1 unit that I replace 5 panel pc's in one year at $2,500 per one.

I just decided to get rid of them. I know several companies that he has ripped off; I've been in this buisness awile and he is the biggest crook of them all.