What's new

Insurance

soonermajic

Reaction score
I filed my 1st claim, after 5 yrs in the business. They dropped me 4 mos later, now insurance has TRIPLED @

I made my pmace FAR MORE secure, & no incidents in 18 mos...but insurance is STILL TRIPLED.

you guys have any good insurers?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
No, but I had a bad one. Roof collapsed - Took them 2 months to issue a coverage letter. Had 12 months of lost income coverage., Submitted 5 month claim while under construction and it took 2 months to pay that and they kept stalling on the rest and at 11 months they told me job took to long and they were not paying anything after 6 months. (I was closed 13 months) . They non renewed me.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Try Cincinnati Insurance.
I’ve had them for a long time and they’ve been great for me.
I had a break in over 2 yrs. ago that was settled with no problems.
This year we realized that the thief's stole our computer ( which the insurance covered) but the credit card sales had not batched out yet because it was the weekend. Lost sales.
We called Cincinnati up and asked them if the lost credit card sales were covered after reporting it so much later and they said yes.
We’re still with them.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Good to hear about Cincinatti. No claims yet but that's who my policy is with.

Overachiever

Reaction score
If you find anything let me know. I had 3 claims from a string of vandalism and got canceled. I'm also paying the triple rate price at the moment. Was told I'd need to wait another year or two without any claims before I'll be back to something affordable.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider using insurance for anything less than about 5K, maybe more. Small claims will come back to haunt you in the long run.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Insurwnce went from $3500/mo, up to $9800 after I was dropped & found other insurance.
Well, they can suck it, cause Inlowered it today, w/ better coverage, for $5800!!!
Midlothian insurance.

I had to pay a whopping $150 to join SWCA, to save $3500!! BOOM!!

Last edited:

washnvac

Reaction score
McNeil writes a car wash specific program. (they advertise in the mags) I have 5 washes (9 autos, 26 s/s bays) and 4 mini-storage buildings covered. Total premium is $13,000. I had one claim for $4k two years ago.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Insurwnce went from $3500/mo, up to $9300 after Inwas dropped & found other insurance.
Well, they can suck it, cause Inlowered it today, w/ better coverage, for $5800!!!
Midlothian insurance.

I had to pay a whopping $150 to join SWCA, to save $3500!! BOOM!!

Sooner that's who I have and been with for a few years now good service no complaints and as you've seen great rates!

soonermajic

Reaction score
McNeil writes a car wash specific program. (they advertise in the mags) I have 5 washes (9 autos, 26 s/s bays) and 4 mini-storage buildings covered. Total premium is $13,000. I had one claim for $4k two years ago.
Yep, McNeil is who dropped me, aftermy 1&only claim, 2 yrs ago!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
PM Me with a phone number and we can talk about my experience with McNeil who of course dropped me after my claim.

mac

Reaction score
This is a very tricky area. Dealing with a former customer who had massive losses after Hurricane Irma, over two years ago. Still no agreement on when or even it they will pay. Greg was right about not claiming small losses, say under 5K. Even if they don't drop you, most prospective buyers look at the police record. A string of small losses never helps.

soapy

Reaction score
WCA also has their own insurance agent and can give very competitive quotes.

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I just bought my first wash 2ss 1 IBA and I got in a program with Erie Insurance that was 1/3 the cost of the previous owner with the same coverage. Went from 3000 to 1000. he had the same agent.