What's new

Insurance Help

washman2016

Reaction score
My insurance is no longer covering car washes. I am not having much luch in getting quotes, only one at this point. Who are you all using?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Having gone through several agencies in the last 15 years ... I am a bit appalled that the self service bays portion of my laundry, car n dog wash ... has always has had a much higher rate than my laundromat. Any thoughts ... possibly the number of claims data???

washman2016

Reaction score
Having gone through several agencies in the last 15 years ... I am a bit appalled that the self service bays portion of my laundry, car n dog wash ... has always has had a much higher rate than my laundromat. Any thoughts ... possibly the number of claims data???
I am seeing the same thing I have had the car wash 5 years and the laundry 4. We just got notes that we need to find a new insure for our laundry. When I purchased the car wash my insurance was about 2,500 now it is almost 6,000. I have only had 2 clams one for a stolen pit cleaner and the other was a guy driving through both auto doors. Both clams where with differant insurance companys and both drop coverage the following year.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I wonder if the growing use of AI in the insurance industry will help or make the insurance underwriters risk evaluations better or worse. I am thinking it possibly might make those "behind the scenes clericals" even more "out of touch ... out of mind"???