What's new

Insurance claims

SanDiegoSS

Reaction score
This is probably a legal question but here goes!

A customer claims the paint on the car was scratched and chipped while using our foam brush. Looking at the brush and video of the wash I don't see how this is possible. We talked with them a fair amount and denied responsibility.

Customer has filed a claim with Geico and they are saying that they need to speak with my insurance to discuss who is liable. I told them that they can just speak to me and we deny any responsibility and I won't provide then with my insurance info. Geico is stating that it doesn't work that way and it's up to my insurance and Geico to decide who is responsible.

Is that correct? doesn't see correct to me.

Thanks!

Carwashking

Reaction score
Make Geico do the work to force you. I recommend you to deny the request.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had something similar happen. Woman claimed the foam brush scratched her hood. We turned it over to insurance for them to deal with, they took a quick look around and saw that we were not negligent and denied the claim. Never heard from her again.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A customer claims the paint on the car was scratched and chipped while using our foam brush. Looking at the brush and video of the wash I don't see how this is possible. We talked with them a fair amount and denied responsibility.

Customer has filed a claim with Geico and they are saying that they need to speak with my insurance to discuss who is liable. I told them that they can just speak to me and we deny any responsibility and I won't provide then with my insurance info. Geico is stating that it doesn't work that way and it's up to my insurance and Geico to decide who is responsible.

Thanks!
Tell them to pound sand but be aware that if you fail to report it to your insurance then your company can decline coverage should you choose to get them involved at a a later date. (It is not like Vehicle insurance which the law may require you to have and disclose.)