What's new

Installing wall mount Air Shammee's on roof?

Reaction score
I want to install Super Air Shammee II's in my bays but don't want to clutter up my walls any more than they already are. I am thinking I may install them on the roof(flat) with the domes on them to keep the rain off of them. I would set them on rails to keep them up off of the roof surface. Anyone know of any issues doing it this way? I know its a PITA to get on the roof to service them but would they really need to be serviced very often? Any input from Air Shammee II owners appreciated.

OurTown

Reaction score
One thing you might want to think about is rain water splashing up from underneath since the dome is not as deep as the motor unit. Also Troy Diskin told me that the unit should not be mounted with the motor shaft vertical and the output in the down position because of premature bearing failure. It doesn't sound like that is what you are doing but I'm just throwing that out there. Call Diskin and ask about your idea. I bet they have installed some on the roof before.

Reaction score
My walls are solid 7-8ft up with columns on top so wall space is limited. Right now I have FB and TF booms plus the wand but plan on adding blowers and tire brush for a total of 5 booms. Booms I don't mind, a big ass dome not so much...

washnshine

Reaction score
Can you install them on the outside of your building - on the exit side walls between the bays? They would have more weather protection from some roof overhang.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
So these things aren't really designed to be located in un-covered locations?

I have a tire shine station I was thinking about converting to an Air Shamee. I figured if a vac is ok uncovered so would one of these?

pgrzes

Reaction score
If they have a dome on them I doubt it would be a problem. The motor is pretty much a sealed unit as is the blower housing. I have mine installed in my attic and the only issue I see might be if you have a corrugated roof the intake port will be pretty close to the roof possibly sucking standing water in. I bought the newer setups so that I dont have the maintenance the 3 motor units are. Been very happy with them. Wouldnt hurt to give Troy a holler and see what he says.

Reaction score
I just spoke to Troy at Diskin and he stated that they roof mount them all the time and the dome is unnecessary. The unit is safe to be exposed to the elements.