What's new

Installing Microcoin QL in an Hamilton ACW 4?

copperglobe

Reaction score
Anyone installed a Microcoin QL in a Hamilton ACW4 to receive the tokens? Right now we're using IDX MA800's and IDX says they can no longer repair these. The ACW4 has three wires that need to hook up to: black, yellow and red. The Microcoin has: black, yellow, blue green. Anyone done this connection?

copperglobe

Reaction score
Called HPWS and the techs there didn't know what I was talking about. However, they referred me to their field guy and I called him. He knew what I was wanting to do. He says: from the ACW to the Microcoin: black to black, yellow to yellow, black to blue, red to green. Haven't done it yet but will do in the near future. Thanks.

waright

Reaction score
ive always had to have hpws reprogram them to work in an acw. I think they need a 50ms on and 50ms off between coin pulses.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Today I installed the Microcoin QL in an ACW4 for accepting tokens. This was done to replace an IDX X10 that, along with all my other X10's were giving me fits. The microcoin works great. You need to splice the wiring to hook it up but that's easy.

Wiring: from the ACW to the Microcoin: black to black, yellow to yellow, black to blue, red to green

I've got my acw controller so that each pulse equals $1.00 from the token acceptor so I needed to program my $1 token to one pulse or one quarter (.25) and my $6 token to 6 pulses or $1.50 on the microcoin. You'll need to determine how much a pulse is on your units and program the microcoin accordingly.

Anyway, it works great.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Update: The Microcoin QL works fine in the acw4 until the power goes off and on to the acw. Then I get a "token coin stuck" error message. Reset and it works fine again. It's just during a power cycle. Calling HPWS as others have said they don't know anything about changing the on/off pulse duration or any modification to fix the problem. Talking to their field tech, Thomas, he said that we need to add a mechanical relay to the QL to get rid of the electronic relay that's included in the QL system.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks