What's new

Installing Credit Card/Nayax on Entry Wizard 2.0

Alsoar

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing a Nayax reader on my Entry Wizard 2.0.

It comes with a pulse connection. Do i just wire that to the "Coin Input" terminal on the black cycle control box?

(Sorry i tried searching online first, but i could only find information on SS and Vacs installs where you wire it with the coin mech on the timers)

I made a diagram if this is how i connect the Nayax

Thank you

robblackburn

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing a Nayax reader on my Entry Wizard 2.0.

It comes with a pulse connection. Do i just wire that to the "Coin Input" terminal on the black cycle control box?

(Sorry i tried searching online first, but i could only find information on SS and Vacs installs where you wire it with the coin mech on the timers)

I made a diagram if this is how i connect the Nayax

Thank you

I think you will find that the problem is going to be having the entry wizard communicate with the card reader. For example, when customer selects $10 wash how will this be communicated to credit card reader ? I have thought about changing to cryptopay readers on the entry wizard but always get stuck on this issue. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Good luck

Alsoar

Reaction score
I think you will find that the problem is going to be having the entry wizard communicate with the card reader. For example, when customer selects $10 wash how will this be communicated to credit card reader ? I have thought about changing to cryptopay readers on the entry wizard but always get stuck on this issue. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Good luck
It acts like a coin mech (similiar to cryptopay on bays and vacs i believe). By swiping the card, it adds credit to the top wash amount. If the lower washes are selected, coins are refunded for the difference (but you will still be charged for the top wash amount on your card).

I saw another car wash had it installed on a newer Entry Wizard. Unfortunately, i couldn't see how it was connected inside.

I attached a photo.

robblackburn

Reaction score
It acts like a coin mech (similiar to cryptopay on bays and vacs i believe). By swiping the card, it adds credit to the top wash amount. If the lower washes are selected, coins are refunded for the difference (but you will still be charged for the top wash amount on your card).

I saw another car wash had it installed on a newer Entry Wizard. Unfortunately, i couldn't see how it was connected inside.

I attached a photo.

I know that I would have too many complaints for customers if I charged them all the top amount and then refunded the difference.
However, that is the only way to make it work with the Entry Wizard.

Randy

Reaction score
I know that I would have too many complaints for customers if I charged them all the top amount and then refunded the difference.
However, that is the only way to make it work with the Entry Wizard.
I don’t know about Australia but here in the USA it’s illegal to give back real money/change on a credit card transaction, sort of making the ACW into an ATM machine. Some of my customers have installed E-port card readers on the their ACW’s with one wash package, like what Costco does one wash package, take it or leave it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Alsoar's payment very versatile setup is much more viable where the coins are $1 & $2 vs just quarters & tougher to work with flimsy paper one dollar bills.

Even 100% cashless mindset car wash operators should recognize that fact.

Alsoar

Reaction score
I don’t know about Australia but here in the USA it’s illegal to give back real money/change on a credit card transaction, sort of making the ACW into an ATM machine. Some of my customers have installed E-port card readers on the their ACW’s with one wash package, like what Costco does one wash package, take it or leave it.
I believe we don't have that restriction because i heard a Nayax Aus distributor said they installed it on Change Machines as well (though that doesn't sound like a good idea to me).

I think it may be due to the compliance issues where all transactions require paywave/paypass/chip or entering your PIN , so we can't use swipe readers like Cryptopay.

Alsoar's payment very versatile setup is much more viable where the coins are $1 & $2 vs just quarters & tougher to work with flimsy paper one dollar bills.
Thanks for pointing that out. I forgotten about that. Receiving a handful of quarters in return would be pretty annoying especially when we use credit cards to avoid having coins in the first place.

I guess that's the limitation of having a 3rd party reader that doesn't fully integrate with the EW, though it beats having no credit card at all.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not illegal to dispense cash with credit card, but your merchant service will drop you if they find out.

Randy

Reaction score
It's not illegal to dispense cash with credit card, but your merchant service will drop you if they find out.
Thanks Miles for that little tidbit I’ll mention that to the guy in Marysville Washington who has had to hire an attorney to defend himself because he was giving out real change for credit card sales. I know a lot of car wash operators who sell tokens from there change machines with credit cards using a USA Technologies system, that's OK and it works well.

Alsoar

Reaction score
Wow, it's quite serious in the US. I think it's a stupid law.

Do they even let you withdraw cash at the shops in the US? We usually take cashout when we are at the supermarkets so it saves us the trip to the ATM. (Even their self serve checkout doubles as an ATM since you can cashout without buying anything).

Randy

Reaction score
Wow, it's quite serious in the US. I think it's a stupid law.

Do they even let you withdraw cash at the shops in the US? We usually take cashout when we are at the supermarkets so it saves us the trip to the ATM. (Even their self serve checkout doubles as an ATM since you can cashout without buying anything).
I have to agree, US banking laws are terrible and have gotten worse in the last few years. There is so much identity theft and credit card fraud here it's ridiculous.