What's new

Installing a pad heat system and need a glycol feed tank to isolate feed

Peteheat

Reaction score
We are installing a raypak boiler for a glycol pad heating system and need an isolation tank to mount abou=ve boiler to feed glycol into system when needed . we have seen systems with a white vertical tank with sight glass on it and that is what I am looking for,. Would anyone have a source or mfr name for such a tank. We cant find one anywhere...I have attached a photo of what we are looking for- just tank on right side of frame
Thanks
pgf50@aol.com is my contact

Attachments

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just wondering ... how old is your Raypak & does it have a modulating valve with at least 80% efficiency? I too was looking for that style of tank last fall ... it is not just for fill but also for also used for expansion. It seems like I saw one online but it was very expensive. There are tons of bladder tanks requiring fill pressure but you're right it seems like the style you are looking for is less available. I like the fact that our deicer pad shows zero pressure in line. Less danger of under floor surface leaks IMHO.

If I needed such a tank ... a used tank might be an option.... maybe from a fellow car washer like myself. Shipping cost could be an issue ... I am in Bismarck, ND.

A better long term option that we would very much consider is create a drawing for a local fabrication shop including fittings or flanges that could be bought from Reid Tool or similar company. We had that done in stainless steel to replace three Amtrol Steel poly lined storage Tanks for our domestic water & it was one of the better long term choices that we made.

soapy

Reaction score
Huron valley sales specializes in floor heat and sells the tanks you described. You can also get a tank with a pump that will pump it into the system as needed.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Huron valley sales specializes in floor heat and sells the tanks you described. You can also get a tank with a pump that will pump it into the system as needed.
This is who all 3 of my boilers came from as well as all parts to maintain them. Their service has been great when I needed questions answered.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also bought my Raypak boilers thru Huron Valley Sales. Mine are 13 years old and perform wonderfully.

Another key component I have found very effective is a Spirovent; it automatically removes air from the system. Pretty cool...

1582917341111.png

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Peteheat,

Let us know what happens when you contact Huron Valley Sales. That is where I got my 80+ efficient modulating gas valve Raypak designed glycol pad heating system from way back in 1980. That of course is mainly snow melt deicing. We also have actual higher temperature floor heat in our 2 stall Dog Wash along with other boiler heating loops that operate at a much higher temperature than the deicer-snow melt loop.

Waxman, Soapy, & Car Wash Guy,

Are all of yours higher than 80% efficient? If so, do you feel any need to up the efficiency of your systems?

Peteheat

Reaction score
Peteheat,

Let us know what happens when you contact Huron Valley Sales. That is where I got my 80+ efficient modulating gas valve Raypak designed glycol pad heating system from way back in 1980. That of course is mainly snow melt deicing. We also have actual higher temperature floor heat in our 2 stall Dog Wash along with other boiler heating loops that operate at a much higher temperature than the deicer-snow melt loop.

Waxman, Soapy, & Car Wash Guy,

Are all of yours higher than 80% efficient? If so, do you feel any need to up the efficiency of your systems?
Huron Valley has not gotten back to me yet!

Jsshac

Reaction score
That is an expansion tank Huron Valley has them

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I don’t recall what Huron Valley wanted for the last Air-X tank we bought but it was fairly expensive. I want to say it was over $800 about 6 years ago. We had another one fail since then and I simply bought a square polyethylene tank with a lid. I then used a hole saw and added polypropylene bulkhead fittings. Cheap fix.