What's new

Inspection for car wash - can you recommend?

carwashbg

Reaction score
Hi- I've got an existing self serve carwash under contract (my first). It's got 6 bays plus another bay that's used for vehicle inspections and lube. Can someone recommend a good inspector in Houston, TX for inspecting equipment, building, concrete, etc? Attached is photo of carwash. Thank you.

Attachments

mac

Reaction score
I would be a little cautious with the building inspection part. An overzealous one might cost you. If you get an operating permit leave the rest alone.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Yes, good idea. This is my first car wash. That’s why I’d like someone to look at equipment to give me a more experienced opinion of how things look. It could possibly help with negotiations with seller if repairs are needed or if any deferred maintenance. Do you have recommendations on who could help? Maybe an experienced car wash owner in area?

mngoalie

Reaction score
good luck. 99% of the sales I've seen are as is. Repairs are an ongoing thing with a car wash. Stuff breaks. Its tough to predict. I bought my first wash acouple of months ago and lots has popped up that, more than likely, wouldn't have been predicted. You're dealing with a lot of hoses and other things that are more "disposable" Its a tough thing to predict Just budget for repairs.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Hi- not looking good. The utility bills aren’t supporting his stated revenue. : (

mac

Reaction score
Well imagine that. Ask to see his last three years of tax returns and base offer on that. If he won’t provide walk away.

OurTown

Reaction score
Well imagine that. Ask to see his last three years of tax returns and base offer on that. If he won’t provide walk away.

Or make a lowball offer.

Randy

Reaction score
Like Mac has said, get the last 3 years tax returns and go from there. I'd probably only offer him land value.
I love these real estate listings for car washes when they say "OWNER WILLING TO TRAIN NEW BUYER HOW TO MAKE EASY MONEY WHILE SITTING AT HOME" kind of tells me that they are clueless.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Yes, good point. Think there’s upside with IBA installation but would have to be at right price.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
The only right price is land, and possibly, building value. It's safe to assume that every bit of equipment isn't as well maintained as he is claiming.