What's new

Input To Design/Build a Smaller Glass-Front Vendor Wanted

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
We asked for your input a few years ago when we first started thinking about building a small, in-the-wall vendor and received many good thoughts and good ideas. This input was used to design and build the vendors that we now offer. Once again we come to ask for your input.

Our vendor manufacturer has just built and released another smaller version of their full sized vendor; only 6 columns wide (28.5-inches wide) versus the 8 columns that the ShurVend 39 (35-inches wide) utilizes. Whether this was in response to the economic times or they just wanted to compete in another category of vendors we don?t know. They have made the ?price point? lower than their other vendors by making it narrower, not insulating it, and using thinner materials. The ?Guaranteed Delivery? and other features of the larger vendors is retained. The insulation issue would preclude using this machine when the temperatures get much below freezing and the installations that we use in the car wash industry require that the security issues be addressed. The wash sites that have very limited space may be able to use a smaller machine like this and the savings in a Hi-Security package for the smaller wash site may be around $500-$750. Whether or not parts from this new vendor can be made into a very narrow small, 12-14 selection in-the-wall vendor is unknown at this time.

So the question for all you people who frequent the AutoCareForum is this: Is this smaller vendor package something that you would be willing to buy because the price point is lower?? Give us your feedback, whatever it is, so an intelligent decision can be made ?to go or not to go?.

Uncle Sam :)

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I would like to see a 6 or 8 product vending machine. Really don't need to stock 12 to 14 or more boxes of vending items. Something the size of a bill changer would be good.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dirt said:
I would like to see a 6 or 8 product vending machine. Really don't need to stock 12 to 14 or more boxes of vending items. Something the size of a bill changer would be good.
That's an interesting idea, but I would think that if a wash does well enough to need 6 or 8 products and can sell the assortment well that it would benefit from more, especially a bigger Little Tree assortment.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I guess more wouldn,t hurt, but when reading that thread about vending products, there were a lot not even worth having. I was thinking shams, a all, glass wipes, a few top selling trees. Let wal mart keep all that other stuff on there shelves.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Dirt,

I think you underestimate the number of vending products that will sell at wash sites, but that is your business. Every article written about vending sales over the years has always concluded that the more selections available to wash customers, the higher the sales volume. I have never heard of anyone disputing that idea. There many operators who do not want to inventory as many products as the larger vendors can accommodate which is OK.

We tell operators the easy way to solve the smaller number of products idea for inventory in any large selection machine is to load the same product into 2-3 columns or more. This allows one not to worry about running out of the faster selling items and not open the machine to restock as often. Then it becomes a win/win situation for you and your wash customers.

Thanks for your input.

Uncle Sam :)