What's new

Increase traffic to lower performing units

Martins

Reaction score
Hey all!

So i thought i would make a thread about a un intentional experiment i did while working on our reno of my wash. As seen in the attached pic the furthest most vacuum you see has been a bit of a dud since i took over the wash about a year ago now. it has been my #1 worst unit at the wash and the vac in the front (black hose) is my #1 out of 5. on my bad one in total i have collected maybe, and i mean maybe, $10 in total of quarters over the last year from this vac. and i contribute it to the way my vacs are laid out. From what i can gather the front 2 vacs (in pic) are angled in such a way it appears to be set up for the IBA (that's not working) almost like you can pull out of the bay and straight to the vac. (they need to be demolished and re configured)

However last week i went through all of my vacs and replaced all the motors and the hoses to my branding (orange hoses) i was able to get all my vacs upgraded however i ran out of orange hose so i swapped all but my #1 vac.

With in the first week of the hose changes my worst vac has now become my #1. despite how awkward it is to pull into it (most have to 3 point turn for it) and my #1 vac has not been touched. not 1 quarter in it. Talk about an unintentional psychological test. People tend to move towards the "new" shiny thing. (hopefully this is true with my new paint job on the wash will be the newest looking building on the block.)

So how do you draw customers attention to poorly performing units at your washes? what's different about your poorly performing bays vs your best ones? something to really consider.

i plan on adding my orange hose to the front one as soon as its delivered but i thought this would be a very interesting topic and observation.

also added a pic of the current progress on the paint update!

Attachments