What's new

In need of a self serve software control system, to replace the Mercury Car Wash Controller?

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I own three sites, and the self-serve bays are all with Carolina Pride equipment. I purchased their PC based Mercury Car Wash Control system in 2008, which manages the meter / timers, handles the credit card transactions, and provides real time and periodic reporting of the activity. Reports are excellent because they detail each bay, the number of transactions, and summarize sales by coin / bills / credit card. It's been great relying on this system, but we are starting to have issues with it. CP sold the system to a Canadian company called Spiffy a few years back, and they have stopped supporting the software. It constantly crashes. There is also no means of upgrading the credit card readers to chip or tap & pay.

CP is telling me I should look at Crypto Pay for upgrading the credit card readers, but since I use "count up" at our bays, I'd need new Mercury timers from them. The problem is, while Crypto has a cloud based system that I could pull reports from, it would only be for the credit card activity. I need a system that will monitor all sales (credit & cash) from the bays.

I'm headed to Nashville in May and hope to find an option, but I'm wondering if any of you have experienced the same issue and might have already found a solution? I'd appreciate any feedback.

MEP001

Reaction score
Cryptopay will track your money, it just can't separate between coins and bills. Dixmor timers have separate inputs for bill and coin acceptors and can track those numbers separately, but you have to read the timer counts manually.