What's new

In bay vacuums Systems

Spray and wash

Reaction score
I would like to put in Bay vacuums but I cannot find anyone that sells a system can anyone help me out I would also like it to work off My current meter as an option I really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas

STXCW

Reaction score
A vacuum in the bay? Why would you throw away $3-$400 a month per vacuum on a vac island?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know of any system of self-serve in-bay vacuums. If I were to do something like that, I would probably have the vacuum at the end of the bay wall and might possibly use a boom for easier access, and connect the two with PVC pipe.

MEP001

Reaction score
A vacuum in the bay? Why would you throw away $3-$400 a month per vacuum on a vac island?
How would he be throwing away money if he will most likely make more per minute from a vacuum in the bay?

cooll903

Reaction score
How would he be throwing away money if he will most likely make more per minute from a vacuum in the bay?
because if it is in the bay, the bay can only be used by one car at a time whereas if you had an island, one car can be using the vacuum and another can be in the bay using the wash. it is simple math. two going and once is better than one at a time.

STXCW

Reaction score
because if it is in the bay, the bay can only be used by one car at a time whereas if you had an island, one car can be using the vacuum and another can be in the bay using the wash. it is simple math. two going and once is better than one at a time.
Exactly, makes no sense to me.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I have a lot of customers that just come by to vacuum. I'm not saying it wouldn't work in some locations, but definitely not in mine.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I can see this as negative if he already has 100% utilization for washing, otherwise I think most likely charge more per minute of Bay time vs vac time. Of course there seems to be more "Prep" time, getting stuff in n out of car before and after vacuuming when the meter won't be running.

MEP001

Reaction score
If I had an underperforming wash, I'd not have a problem with adding vacuums to the bays. I get a lot of vacuum business when it rains and wouldn't be bothered if someone wants to spend twice as much to vacuum in the shelter, rather than mess with adjusting the vac time to be longer than the regular bay time per coin.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Of course there seems to be more "Prep" time, getting stuff in n out of car before and after vacuuming when the meter won't be running.
That would be my concern. Plus, I'm seeing more and more people that are basically living out of their cars. They'll pull into a vac station and spend hours unloading all their crap, sorting through it, and then spending maybe a couple of bucks to vacuum. I've been running off the most blatant ones, but no way I'd want them doing that crap in my wash bays.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of that too. Mine do it in a bay, usually late at night. One couple pulled in at 10:30 PM and were still there at 10:00 the next morning.

Spray and wash

Reaction score
I can see this as negative if he already has 100% utilization for washing, otherwise I think most likely charge more per minute of Bay time vs vac time. Of course there seems to be more "Prep" time, getting stuff in n out of car before and after vacuuming when the meter won't be running.
That is true with the crazy weather in Michigan trying to give some different options

Spray and wash

Reaction score
I see the pros and cons everyone brought up my biggest problem is I need the parking lot space for an ice cream place were putting in so trying to consolidate things into the bays I think charge you more because having to use the meter may scare off some of the people that waste their time or may not and with crappy weather in Michigan never knowing what we’re going to have it might be a nice perk

JCM

Reaction score
I’m no tech but I would think all you need to do is put in a relay that would activate the vacuum when that is selected on the bay meter.