What's new

In Bay IBA camera locations

Reds

Reaction score
I am having a LOT of trouble with idiots crashing into my WW's. I only have one camera in the bay and it is right inside the entry door and gets dirty from the UC spray. I would like to add more cameras in the bay. I just ordered the QSEE 8 camera system that is on their website.
Any suggestions as to where to locate them? between entry and exit and which/both sides? Any suggestions would be appreciated. This year I have had my wheelscrub hit and bent up 3 times + my boom hit/bent + my gantry hit + my doors hit + my WS2 destroyed + my arch knocked down + my guide sticks ran over. They jump the guide rails all the time. I need to get this on film.

Thanks in advance for your help

Robert2181

Reaction score
I do use Q see also for my self serv bays, tunnel, quick lube and tire center.

However it sounds you will also need a good license tag camera.

As far as camera position, I would cover all angles. Entrance w/tag before the car enters, while they are in the wash, when they exit w/tag. Plus both sides.

With that amount of coverage, when something happens, you will have enough to go after them for all repairs and down time.

My insurance will cover the claim and then they go after the auto owner and their insurance. They are in control of the vehicle not the machine. They will have a hard time refuting any wrong doing or malfunction of equipment with camera coverage before, during and after the wash

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have a Qsee 16 ch. and its not enough. I have 4 cameras that cover the entrance, none get a tag!! I have a camera in the auto mounted on my dryer stand, and a camera that covers the exit on a telephone pole. My High Velocity has been hit twice in last 4 months!!! I just finally got paid on first hit, was a company truck with lettering. last hit was a custom van that I am searching for. I am searching for a camera to get tag numbers on entrance.

MEP001

Reaction score
You should be able to get tags with a camera you can zoom. I set one up that's probably 100 feet from the entrance and zoomed in pretty tight, and unless they're going 40 mph or the sun is shining into the lens it gets most of them.

chaz

Reaction score
I have stop signs at my exits. They help slow people down do I can get many plates. With my total of 32 cameras, I've never been able to get at least a partial plate when needed. My problem is the trash pickers that walk on the lot. I often get clear shots of them, it's just not always easy to track them down. I did catch a woman doing number 2 in front of the equipment room door. Police knew who she was, and took care of it. She claimed she just had to go and couldn't make it home.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have stop signs at my exits. They help slow people down do I can get many plates. With my total of 32 cameras, I've never been able to get at least a partial plate when needed. My problem is the trash pickers that walk on the lot. I often get clear shots of them, it's just not always easy to track them down. I did catch a woman doing number 2 in front of the equipment room door. Police knew who she was, and took care of it. She claimed she just had to go and couldn't make it home.
Chaz,

We can relate to the consideration of not just people in vehicles. Seeing people from all over now in our area & often walking ... we even got a real wild person who moved here from one of our big city ghettos who saw me walk & look around back where he & his buddies had their van parked. Long story short ... he came in when I was trying to clean up inside our laundromat (10PM) playing the "tough guy" ranting about me looking at his license #. Needless to say ... he did not even come close to intimidating me. He got a real earful from me along the line of "just because" you encouraged & let problems get out of hand where you moved here from ... doesn't mean that I & others are going to let it happen in our area... I will say that based on the anti-american things that came out of the guy's mouth:( ... I was not sure whether to call "homeland security" or the local police.

I am not opposed to those camera systems that can also record audio. Watch out for extra terabytes of hard drive needed though.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

MEP001

Reaction score
Audio adds a small fraction of data to an HD video stream, around 1 MB per second at good quality. 720P HD video uses 500 times that.

You cannot use audio as evidence against someone if it was recorded without the person's knowledge.