What's new

Improving products delivery to bay

MEP001

Reaction score
You can either use a relay for each solenoid or if you have a rotary switch you can run a wire from the two adjacent outputs on the second stack to the common solenoid.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Instead of a relay, why don't you use separate air solenoids for PS and TC and then tee the outputs together so you have a single air hose to the bay?

Any of the mini Siemens, Idec, Omron, etc. relays will work...Such as the Idec RH1b....

MEP001

Reaction score
You'll need a SPDT relay with a 24VAC coil.

This is how you'd wire it, except replace "rinse" with one function and "wax with the other, with the "To rinse solenoid" output going to the common air solenoid.

I've done it both ways, one air solenoid for both functions and a separate one for each. If you use a common air solenoid you'll need an accurate needle valve.

HCW

Reaction score
Finally got it done. Thanks for all inputs, furthest by tire cleaner took 48 seconds before the new set up and now it's 15 seconds. Hooking up air solenoid this weekend.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Noob

Reaction score
More options for you! I did my outside truck bay using this method...The cap I made just snaps into place. In the attic, I cut a 1.5"-2" wide strip down the entire length of the 5" pipe. Right through the connections. Makes for easy install of any tubing or replacing anything in the trough. To insulate, I cut 8' long strips of 4" insulation and stuff it in the pipe to seal it up. No freeze ups since making the change. When I bought the wash, the pipe was solid with only openings above each bay! No insulation...PO complained of freezing up every winter...For the life of me I don't know why the PO's put up with that! Pulling new lines down the entire length of pipe must have been exhausting too!

2 biz if you don't mind me asking, how did you make the caps that cover the PVC?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I used a table saw. Just cut a strip out less than the diameter so it snaps in place. Might require a little trial and error! Just don't cut out too much to start with...you want it to snap in place and hold tight. Works great!

Noob

Reaction score
Is it just regular PVC? What size? It looks very thin.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You are right Randy. Note it is black on the inside, not white like normal pvc. I think they call it DWV pipe or something like that? I don't know. The pipe in the picture is 4". Its held up well. I haven't had to change it out yet.

Etowah