What's new

Improvements/changes with laser Wash 360 Plus?

PEI

Reaction score
I have seen a couple that have been installed this past fall. The plus has additional covers, a new pump station, and it eliminates the flags and pickets on the rails. From what little I have seen it compares very closely to the Wash World Razor VS2. The biggest differences between the machines seem to be the rails and roller systems.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Just clean, what do you mean by that?

PEI, what's the rails & roller differences?

JustClean

Reaction score
Just clean, what do you mean by that?
I mean it is still aluminum and not stainless, unfortunately.
This was one of the reasons I went with Washworld's Razor.

Anodized aluminum is definitely better but as soon as it is scratched somewhere corrosion can start, worse with stainless screws as you get 2 different metals.

PEI

Reaction score
The Razor uses a rail and roller just like the LW4000. It is a square Stainless rail with the 2 rollers riding on top of each rail. The rails can be purchased with heat tape inside to heat them during cold weather.

The 360 and 360 plus use an aluminum rail that is actually more of a C shape with a series of rollers riding inside the rail. The rollers look more like large inline skate wheels with two vertical wheels and one horizontal wheel on each carriage. The 360 and 360 plus can not be purchased with rail heat since the inside of the rail has the rollers in it. The aluminum along with the friction of the rolling wheels is suppose to eliminate the need for rail heat. I don't know how it works in cold climates.

soonermajic

Reaction score
SO, which machine is better, in y'alls opinion? 360 + , or Razor , & WHY?
I thought Razor didn't use rollers, but rather some kind of "E-chain" & also eliminated festoons...?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
SO, which machine is better, in y'alls opinion? 360 + , or Razor , & WHY?
I thought Razor didn't use rollers, but rather some kind of "E-chain" & also eliminated festoons..

Which ever one in your area that's the most honest dependable distributor that will service your needs and won't jerk you around just to get a big check. Someone you can call on a friday night at 6:30 to get parts and they have them on the shelf, some one who has all the knowledge to give you 24/7 support. There both the top two in touchless machines. ask other operators in your area who have both and ask them about the distributors work & ethics and how they respond on service calls. how long was the instail was it done right, drive around ask other operators in your area that's successful even if there 100 miles away.

soonermajic

Reaction score
pretty solid advice.

Do you know anything about these E-chain?

WikiWash

Reaction score
pretty solid advice.

Do you know anything about these E-chain?
The Razor uses rollers that ride snug to the rails. The e-chain eliminates the festoon. I have a much older e-chain on another machine and they lasted for 12 years before I replaced it with a Razor. E-chains are very commonly used in industrial applications in manufacturing and processing. Washworld put a lot of thought into their e-chain setup. They use flexible chemical tubing that wont break and will actually expand if they would ever freeze, and then will go back to its original shape. They also wrap the high pressure hose with a vinyl or PVC helix for longevity and durability of the hose. All of the hoses and wires have their own places with in the e-chain so they are nice and organized.

Washworld also has free owner/operator training available to learn the ins and outs of their machines at their assembly plant. This is my 5th machine and its by far the best in quality and it just runs and runs. I am very happy with Washworld and I would buy another one! If you have any other questions or would like to talk PM me.

Hoser06

Reaction score
I like wash world too but as tdl mentioned above, my preferred distributer offers PDQ.
I'm wondering how the plus knows where the trolley is now that the x30 pickets and flags are now removed.
Also, does the 360 have a wider wash envelope now that the t bars are gone, and thus less shutdowns when the arch strikes a mirror at the limit?
Any 360 operators out there that upgraded from a lw4000 that can comment on their experience with reliability of the new machines?

Good dialog guys, thanks!

Reaction score
the 360 plus uses a proximity switch reading a sprocket now , like the pulse switch on a conveyor. and it has the ability to hit a mirror or trailer hitch and reverse resize and attempt to pass the object three times. I've seen it bump a bike rack on a volvo 2 times lightly and resize and wash the vehicle the customer was astonished he had forgotten his bike rack was on and was ready to get kicked out incomplete. very happy with his wash. Im not sure but it looks to me like it has a little more room to move side to side.