What's new

Importance of Website/Social Media for SS with IBA's

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
I have a website for my 4/2 wash. I need to switch servers as the company that built my website is no longer supporting it.

The new company would like to refresh my site so that it is up the "current" standards in the industry and put an emphasis on social media.

Has anyone else done this and was it worth the money invested?

mac

Reaction score
Depends on the cost. As a general rule of thumb, any advertising is better than no advertising.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Social media is two-edge sword.

Create Facebook account and maybe twitter too. Then spend time socializing online to get customers and the general public to like you, write a review, comment on their posts, share pictures or tweet, etc.

If the operator is not comfortable with this and responsibility to keep it up, the social media campaign will be a failure, not achieving the desired result.

However, without social media (and phone app), it’s hard to communicate and attract the younger generations because they are so engaged.

So, what is the desired result?

Do you want to become socially engaged with customers and general public and spend more time with them or is the “contact us” page and comments section on your website enough?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I would read how facebook works now.... it is basically a paid ad platform.

I would also research cell apps.... I realize everyone believes they are the best idea ever. Do a google search.... you probably do not need one.

Twitter.... sure it is free. The President elect uses it. :) But you should also understand how people view tweets. It is very easy to be over looked.

BTW Before I see anyone's website I repeat that exact same line! LOL :) But to be honest almost every website needs some help.

I always believe you should control your own data.... the only way you will know your customers is through your own website. I would make it phone and tablet friendly. The last site I did was more phone and tablet friendly then computer friendly. Things are changing....

mac

Reaction score
Some randome thoughts. Social media is good for exposing the good and bas wah operations. I mean with a self serve and automatic wash, how are most people going to know if the place is worth the money,I have contributed to reviews, both good and bad.Have one owner here who has six or seven washes, and they all suck. All they do is give the industry a bad name. Yelp seems to be a popular place to leace comments.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I have worked with the express websites I have created. The customers submit comments and complaints via their websites. I was just suggesting promoting your website at your washes just like your phone number. This would allow another avenue for customers to get their problems solved away from the public eye. Your website is also a permanent location.... unlike a social site which will change over time. This is really the main difference between the 2 advertising platforms.

Last edited:
L

loewem

I think that a website is a good to have, but I don't and will not pay much for it. I don't see much value in social media for my wash. I have a website that I put together via Go Daddy. Costs less than $10 per month. It does what i want it to do. That is if someone in the area searches the internet for car washes my wash comes up on the first page.

I tried facebook and found it to be useless for my needs. If you have a facebook page you need to post to it regularly to make it work for you. I think it is the same for most social media you have to use it to build it. How much can you say/post about five SS bays, an automatic and some vacuums? Even if you can find something to say on a regular basis you need to find the time to say it. I find that my time is better spent making sure things are working and the customers are happy. Before you go down the social media road try to think how you would use it, what you would say, how often you'd say it.

I took some classes at a local community college on websites and social media for small business. One thing I recall is that the website should come first. Social media should be used in conjuction with a web site and not by itself.