What's new

Imonex Vacuum Coin Acceptor

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
I've been getting a complaints about one vacuum not working. The complaint is always the same--put coins in, but vacuum doesn't work.

I've tried many, many times, but I can't duplicate the problem.

Every time I check how many quarters are in the vault, it is an odd number. I'm guessing that sometimes the acceptor hangs up and it takes an extra quarter to free it, but everytime I check it out, everything looks OK.

I've got a simple Imonex coin acceptor. Is there any way that something could be sticking in it? Should I lubricate it at all? Are there any adjustments or does it just need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your help.

MEP001

Reaction score
The switch is probably to blame. They don't hold up well on the Imonex.

MikeV

Reaction score
There is an adjustment for the size of the coin. Could be that the adjustment is slightly off and it is not getting the pulse to the timer. The adjustment is right behind the cherry switch. I've been using the Imonex receivers for years with no problems.

MEP001

Reaction score
I forgot about that, the adjustment is meant to be sized so the coin hits the wire on the switch, and over time it gets knocked out of adjustment.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've been getting a complaints about one vacuum not working. The complaint is always the same--put coins in, but vacuum doesn't work.

I've tried many, many times, but I can't duplicate the problem.

Every time I check how many quarters are in the vault, it is an odd number. I'm guessing that sometimes the acceptor hangs up and it takes an extra quarter to free it, but everytime I check it out, everything looks OK.

I've got a simple Imonex coin acceptor. Is there any way that something could be sticking in it? Should I lubricate it at all? Are there any adjustments or does it just need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Aside from those ideas mentioned try these.
1. Clean the terminals were the wires attach to the switch. Had a couple with some corrosion and the signal would not always get to the timer.
2. Coin switch may be going bad, you can get replacement switches for the mech.
3. On occassion have found the mech and switch good but had to replace the timer.

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I have some time tomorrow--hope I can figure this out...

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
While you are at it, try pounding on that faceplate with your fist to see if you can get credit by vibrating that switch. Imonex used to have that issue when I tried it over 10 years ago. Never heard if they fixed this issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your issue wasn't caused by the Imonex. You had the switch wires connected wrong, to COM and NC, and banging the door would shock the contacts open and create a coin pulse.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Dscovered a similar issue recently with a different mech, but it wasn't the mech. There was a loose olr shorted wire somewhere so if the wires were jiggled or vibrated it sent a pulse. not the mechs fault.

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
Imonex

Your issue wasn't caused by the Imonex. You had the switch wires connected wrong, to COM and NC, and banging the door would shock the contacts open and create a coin pulse.
It may not be the switch but Imonex was aware of the situation and never disputed what I described. Keep in mind this was over 10 years ago...I'd gone electronic since then for all coin acceptors including dropself vendors...