What's new

Imeg vs meg nozzles for touchless wash?

wash12

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up before but before I spend the money changing out all the nozzles I want to make sure this is the right move.

I currently run a PDQ 360 plus with all meg nozzles at 1100 PSI. It lacks a punch to the car anymore then 6 inches from the nozzles the pressure is not to the point where it would sting your hand. I want a stronger surface hit to the car and from what I read my best options would be to switch all nozzle to the imeg version from spraying systems.

My question is has anyone gone from meg to an imeg and seen a difference in cleaning? My biggest issue is removing road film so the harder I can hit the car with water the better. My machine is about 15inch spray from the arch to the car.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If you compare the IMEG and regular MEG side by side you can tell that the IMEG has more of a "knife edge". However, I think the
difference is negligible at 15".

Wasn't there another thread recently about Veesprays being a better choice?

carwashireland

Reaction score
Today I received some imeg nozzles and some pmeg. I could not see much difference with the imeg but tge pmeg definitely kept its shape without misting for a longer distance than the meg. My complex impact testing meter (my hand) felt more impact with the pmeg. For a few dollars it would be worth switching. Just change the megs for the same size pmegs!

wgwagg

Reaction score
You may also look into getting Imeg nozzles with a vein. I was also a little disappointed with the lack of punch from my 360 and talked to some guys at Spraying Systems about it. They suggested I try getting nozzles with the vein and said those would fit my application (a laser 360 spray arch) better. I could tell a visual difference and I believe they seem to pack a little more "punch" too with the hand test. I'm sure PDQ has a reason for not putting them on there standard from the factory, but I've been pleased with the switch.

wash12

Reaction score
You may also look into getting Imeg nozzles with a vein. I was also a little disappointed with the lack of punch from my 360 and talked to some guys at Spraying Systems about it. They suggested I try getting nozzles with the vein and said those would fit my application (a laser 360 spray arch) better. I could tell a visual difference and I believe they seem to pack a little more "punch" too with the hand test. I'm sure PDQ has a reason for not putting them on there standard from the factory, but I've been pleased with the switch.
Where did you buy the Imeg with the vein, I don't see them on kleen rite. I only see the vein sold separately not sure if you can insert these in or how does it work. Here is the part # CP11226-14

wgwagg

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Dultmeier, part # SS14IMEG1504VA for the 1504 tips. There are a few other tips on a laser ( a 2504 & 4004 I believe) that you would need also, but you can easily find them through dultmeier. They are a little more expensive, but I think its worth it. Water Guy, I've only owned Laser 360s, never a 4000, but I cant imagine why they wouldn't also work on a 4000.