What's new

IMEG vrs Meg

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
So either i'm lost or cant find the correct information but what is the difference between IMEG & MEG Tips? Thanks in advance!

OurTown

Reaction score
IMEG is "high impact" and is supposed to have better impingement because is has a flatter spray pattern 90 degrees from the designed angle. In other words the over spray or escaped spray is perfectly directed to the object in the pattern better. That is the best way I can explain them but maybe someone else can do a better job of it. We put them on our auto and the pattern really looks different (very precise) but I'm not sure if they are doing much. We are trying them in our self serve but we may go back to the MEG because the presoak goes on strange. The edges of the angle have more concentrated presoak and coverage is uneven. Someday we are going to try what 2Biz is doing and put the presoak on a separate gun so it could be a moot point.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
IMEG has a more "knife edge" pattern than regular meg.

Ourtown, you may want to try a veejet tip for presoak

OurTown

Reaction score
I just looked and we were using VeeJet tips and not MEG. Actually we were using VeeJet tips in the auto too before going to the IMEGs. So what is the difference between the VeeJet and MEG then?

MEP001

Reaction score
VeeJet has a softer sort of oval pattern, doesn't have the hard impact up close but it will still have good impact 3-4 feet away. MEG has a very thin pattern, consistent across the fan. They're intended for very close use (as in 3-5 inches) and lose almost all their impact more than a foot away.

MEG tips are intended for descaling and will cut concrete. Had an idiot employee tie the handle of the surface cleaner (Millennials, he was too entitled to be bothered with holding the trigger himself), turned on the pump and left it running for about five minutes and it cut a circle about 1/8" deep.

wgwagg

Reaction score
I also was curious as to the difference between the two and had the opportunity to speak to a couple guys from spraying systems last year at the Vegas show. They used the analogy of hitting something with a baseball bat (meg) versus hitting something with a samurai sword (Imeg). I have used both in the past but switched to Imegs exclusively and believe they produce a cleaner, tighter looking spray pattern with less over spray. The link below contains a ton of great info from Spraying Systems on all their nozzles.

https://www.spray.com/Literature_PDFs/C25B_Spray_Products_Car_Wash.pdf

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We noticed that if a customer digs under his wheel well (trying to save money &/or impatient) with the wand-nozzle the VeeJet is less likely to plug. Ice by tires in a cold climate &/or a mud prone area might notice this more than other locations.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The real difference between IMEG & MEG is sooo obvious one has an I and the other doesn't...... LOL