What's new

I'm interested in adding a one bay car wash/dryer to my custom home build, recommendations?

MC3033

Reaction score
This think won’t be washing a ton of cars. Might be worth looking for a used unit. Used car wash equipment is generally pretty cheap.

If you are serious about this make sure to go beyond floor drains only. You will want to have some sort of catch basin as you will produce a lot of dirt overtime and won’t want your toilet backing up because of car wash dirt. I think you can get past water supply issues but will need to setup proper tanks and such to do so (and possibly added pumps for recirculating).

Assuming where you live permits/code isn’t an issue at all your biggest problem is going to be electrical. Assuming you can get 3 phase power (or a giant single phase service), the power supply is close already your still looking at $50k+ in electrical costs…
More then likely resolving the electrical issue will cost far far more.

CSB282000

Reaction score
Istobal makes a 3 brush rollover that might fit your needs and don’t worry about the brush material. It will not scratch
That sounds interesting. Where can I find more information about that?

mac

Reaction score
Trust the Istobal site and not car wash consignment. Some people here forget their manners. PM me with any specific questions.

mac

Reaction score
Couple of things to check out. Most cities won’t allow the use of waste for irrigation but some will if treated right. Don’t even think of using it to wash with. The three brush Istobal will use less than 20 gal per cycle. With your limited use you could just let it go down the drain. You’ll get much better results with a spot free rinse which is usually made by reverse osmosis and applied last.

CSB282000

Reaction score
Couple of things to check out. Most cities won’t allow the use of waste for irrigation but some will if treated right. Don’t even think of using it to wash with. The three brush Istobal will use less than 20 gal per cycle. With your limited use you could just let it go down the drain. You’ll get much better results with a spot free rinse which is usually made by reverse osmosis and applied last.
The Istobal 3 looks really clean. I couldn't find anything on pricing, do you know what the range is? I send in a quote request at washsource and I looked around on carwashconsignment. I'm guessing I'll still need 3 phase. I am also thinking of adding a bay in my office/shop instead. Not as convenient but takes care of many other issues like power. Ton's of reasonably priced used equipment but I can't really tell what is good/bad, it all looks the same to me.

washnshine

Reaction score
If you're considering buying new equipment and you don't already have 3-phase, this project could easily reach $300,000.
And that is why MEP gave you the car wash consignment site to find a used machine.

jfmoran

Reaction score
The Istobal 3 looks really clean. I couldn't find anything on pricing, do you know what the range is? I send in a quote request at washsource and I looked around on carwashconsignment. I'm guessing I'll still need 3 phase. I am also thinking of adding a bay in my office/shop instead. Not as convenient but takes care of many other issues like power. Ton's of reasonably priced used equipment but I can't really tell what is good/bad, it all looks the same to me.
We just put one of these in a BMW Dealer, Istobal M-1, replacing a Broadway, it was around $110K with a softener and spot free system.

Attachments