What's new

If you could bring back a bankrupt car wash manufacturer. which one?

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
So just think of any company that has gone out of business which would you bring back and why?

MEP001

Reaction score
Specialty Equipment, so I could beat someone with a pool noodle for some of their poor designs.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually laughing so hard. And yes I agree they did have poor designs.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Dilling Harris had great designs. Problem came when owner died and management changed at the worst economic time in recent history. I have meter doors in the field that have not been touched for repair at all since 2003. Many other items too.

getnbusy

Reaction score
While Im at it Im gonna throw in a shout out for SOUTHERN PRIDE !!! Because they had an awesome design as well. Longevity and dependability are the first two words I came up with. Good Lord in North Carolina there are some ancient self serve pump stands, meter boxes, and vacuums still in use all over the state. I shouldn't have said second to none before. Southern Pride is a standout also.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Southern Pride Equipment for sure many other company's based there design off there SS equipment.

mac

Reaction score
Well this will get some scratching their heads. How about Bernardi Brothers? They made one of the first automatics. It actually had what looked like a small phone booth on it where an operator stood and drove the thing around the car.

MEP001

Reaction score
There was an article about it in a car wash history issue of the SSCWN years ago.