What's new

IDX MX-10 Controller

Etowah

RAATCB

Reaction score
Hello, can someone explain how to wire this controller. I have a low pressure systems that the controller opens solenoids and a motor. I have another controller that sends power to a contactor to power up my repressurization system motor/pump.

I want to learn how to use this controller to wire or make my own low pressure system.

Thank you.

Randy

Reaction score
MX8 & MX10 Multi-Plex Controllers is used to replace a bladder tanks or pressure switches on low pressure systems like Tire cleaner, Foam brush and Presoak. There pretty easy to install, you jumper the commons together on all the solenoid valves and run a 24 volt common to the terminal #1 on the Multi-Plex Controller. Then run a 24 volt hot wire from each solenoid valve to the terminals 1 – 8 on top of the Multi-Plex Controller. Connect whatever volt power you want to terminal #3, 24 or 110 volt on the side of the controller, terminal #4 is your voltage out, to whatever your controlling motor or solenoid valve. We’ve been using the MX-8 for over 20 years, never had a problem with one. Here's a link if you've seen one https://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.48.944.5383/9698

MEP001

Reaction score
Before you jumper the commons of all your bays together, it's a good idea to make sure they're all on the same leg. If you take a voltmeter and check the common across two bays, it should read zero volts. It may still work if the commons aren't in phase, but it can cause some weird problems if they aren't.

RAATCB

Reaction score
On the rotary switch, it sends a 24v signal/hot to a solenoid....where does the white/ common come from if there is only 1 signal wire from the rotary switch? I am a little confused.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
All of your commons are usually tied together on a terminal strip in the panels inside the ER.

RAATCB

Reaction score
All of your commons are usually tied together on a terminal strip in the panels inside the ER.
Is that common coming from the 24V transformer? That is the only 24v common source on my terminal strip.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Yes....You have a 24v hot and common coming off your transformer. Both hot and common do go out to your switch, (to power your timer, coin exceptor, etc), but you should have a common terminal strip in the ER panel where all the solenoid commons are wired to. That terminal strip is wired to the common side of the transformer. You'll see that all the terminals are jumpered together on that strip.

RAATCB

Reaction score
Ok now I am understanding a little more. Does that mean on all my 6 bays/6transformers the commons all tie in together?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Read Meps post above. It's a good idea to test with a volt meter before tying the commons together. You should be able to see if all 6 common terminal strip are tied together. They will be connected with a wire from one to the other....etc....

RAATCB

Reaction score
Yes I tested the volt on 2 commons and it shows 0V

Kevin James

Reaction score
Yes I tested the volt on 2 commons and it shows 0V
Did you test the 2 commons with your volt meter with the system On or Off? What are you trying to do? Do you have a terminal strip that supplies power to the solenoids, this is where you jumper the commons. Do you have any idea as to what you’re doing with the volt meter?

RAATCB

Reaction score
I ran 2 bays and tested both solenoids on common side. It showed 0V. Yes I have a terminal strip and all the commons are jumper together.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You don't "run" the bays to test commons. You just need all bay transformers powered. Then you have to check each transformer common [output] to the bay beside it. As in start with bay one, check the transformer common to bay two transformer common.....then bay one to bay 3, then bay one to bay 4, and so on till you check all transformer common outputs to make sure they read 0 volts..When you can verify this, then you can tie all common terminal strips together. You have to tie all common terminal strips together to make the mx-10 work. It only has one common input.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I ran 2 bays and tested both solenoids on common side. It showed 0V. Yes I have a terminal strip and all the commons are jumper together.
If all your commons are already jumpered on the terminal strip you don't need to worry about doing anything more. What are you trying to accomplish?

RAATCB

Reaction score
If all your commons are already jumpered on the terminal strip you don't need to worry about doing anything more. What are you trying to accomplish?
I am trying to understand how this is all wired so I can built my own LP system and do all the wiring.

I am sorry for asking so much but I am just trying to learn.

RAATCB

Reaction score
I bought this LP system from a local car wash maker. I want to learn how to built and assemble my own from scratch. .

MEP001

Reaction score
You could always use relays - it cost about $40 for this, and it keeps all the bays isolated so there's no concern about voltage phasing.

There's very little to low-pressure systems, in fact I just dead-head Flo-Jet pumps with solenoids and have no controls. There's always the risk of a solenoid sticking and dumping your chemical, but if you use a filter screen and good solenoids it's not very likely.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Rereading your first post, why do you you have two controllers? You should only need one mx-10 for the pump/motor. The solenoids that delivery chemical to each bay should be energized by the bay selector switch. Can you take a picture of the delivery system and post it here?