What's new

IDX MA800

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Ive checked the error codes online, according to this there is no error code that corresponds with what mine is doing. I went to reprogram this, it was working before hand, now its giving me trouble. In my 0 position after setting up a new token, it just flashes red and green, pretty fast.

here is what I've been referencing

according to this mine is doing "his normally occurs for about two seconds at the end of dropping the 6th sample coin to indicate that all sample coins have been registered and the data saved."

but this shouldn't be happening from the zero position?

MEP001

Reaction score
Unfortunately your acceptor is trash. They won't likely be able to repair it either. I'm switching to SecureCoin to give them a try.

Eric H

Reaction score
I had a probably 30 or more IDX acceptors and never had any significant problems. I bought 2 Slugbuster 2 about 6 months ago and they’ve been nothing but problems.
I just bought another 10 vacuums with MicroCoin QL acceptors and I’m hoping to have no issues.
My previous vacuums had Ginsan acceptors that were trouble free for 15 years. Unfortunately, they don’t make those acceptors anymore

OurTown

Reaction score
Yes! "I put in 4 dollar coins and it read them as quarters"
The door also likes to open and steal money all day while I'm not there. At least the MA800's would jam and not allow 20 people to lose money.

The instructions for adjusting the pot are confusing to me but after talking to Parker they straightened me out. I'll try to find the post where I posted the details because I can't remember. Many times I post details on here so I can reference them for myself later. 😂

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
You can directly link a post by right-clicking the post number and copy/pasting the link:

This has never worked for me. I was even told by someone at Parker that the dollar coin cannot be discriminated from a quarter with a Slugbuster II and that "You'll have to upgrade to Slugbuster III."

OurTown

Reaction score
You can directly link a post by right-clicking the post number and copy/pasting the link:

This has never worked for me. I was even told by someone at Parker that the dollar coin cannot be discriminated from a quarter with a Slugbuster II and that "You'll have to upgrade to Slugbuster III."

I see that I missed Eric bought the IIs and not the IIIs.

Randy

Reaction score
Anyone who has been in the car wash business more than 10 minutes knows that a Slugbuster II coin acceptor can't tell the differance between a Quarter and a Dollar coin, no way, no how. The reason is the idiots who designed the Dollar coin made it so the electronic ring of the Dollar coin is almost the same as the US Quarter. If you want to take Tokens the SBII is great, if you want to take Dollar coins use a SBIII. How many years have we been kicking this around.