What's new

ICS Auto Sentry Prob

SuperClean

Reaction score
I saw a customer pull up to the auto sentry and put a code in and get a wash.
We do not presell codes so i took a old receipt that the sentry gives you and tried the code and it works it does not delete the code once it is used. Has anyone had a problem with this i don't know how many people are doing this we do not have an attendant most days. I'm going to call them tomorrow just a heads up to anyone that has a auto sentry

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
ICS has known about issue >
It was a proplem back in 2004. You can get your buddy a free wash in next bay over too. Keep us posted

easywash

Reaction score
Ics

YES THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS!

I have actually had a guy arrested for doing this back in 2007 on my machines. He did it 4-6 times a night on a total of 7 nights over a 2 week period.

He would use a code and buy our top wash on all 3 tellers (we dispensed tokens with out top wash) then he would take the tokens and put them in my vending machine, hit the coin return button and get cash back.

So not only was he getting free washes time and time again he was also getting cash back. (we no longer accept tokens on our vending machines)

One thing you need to do on a regular basis in Tunnel Master is go to Wash > Ticket Table > Options > Retire all Expired Tickets.

The first time I did this I was stunned it deleted THOUSANDS of outstanding tickets.

Additionally, it you issue codes for rewashes, 48 hr warranties, presell packages, charities etc be aware that you could have as many as 10,000 codes outstanding at any give time. With a 5 digit code system there are only 99,999 code options so you basically have a 1 in 10 chance of guessing a valid code.

On several occasions I have watched customer trying over and over again to key in codes in an attempt to actually find one that is valid...

ICS should definitely move to a 6 digit code system ASAP!