What's new

ICS Auto Sentry Flex

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I had put this post on another thread previously, but it probably should have been a separate thread. We are in the process of adding an additional bay and will be installing the ICS Auto Sentry Flex along with their Retrofit to our existing Access Machine. The new Auto Sentry will be tied into a new WW Razor; and the Retrofit will go into our existing WW Profile. My distributor for these entry machines, who also owns and services multiple washes told me that his are working flawlessly. Any comments from anyone who has these would be appreciated. I've got my fingers crossed that they will be better than the Access machine we've had for 6 years. I noticed a thread from 2018 by frequent contributor Roz regarding some issues with the communication between the WW equipment and the Auto Sentry. Just wondering whether they've been resolved, and how things are working out. Would also like to hear comments on ICS' Wash Connect program as to ease of use, problems, etc.

Roz

Reaction score
I had put this post on another thread previously, but it probably should have been a separate thread. We are in the process of adding an additional bay and will be installing the ICS Auto Sentry Flex along with their Retrofit to our existing Access Machine. The new Auto Sentry will be tied into a new WW Razor; and the Retrofit will go into our existing WW Profile. My distributor for these entry machines, who also owns and services multiple washes told me that his are working flawlessly. Any comments from anyone who has these would be appreciated. I've got my fingers crossed that they will be better than the Access machine we've had for 6 years. I noticed a thread from 2018 by frequent contributor Roz regarding some issues with the communication between the WW equipment and the Auto Sentry. Just wondering whether they've been resolved, and how things are working out. Would also like to hear comments on ICS' Wash Connect program as to ease of use, problems, etc.
The ICS Auto Flex works great, it is slick, and customers like the woman who guides them through the purchase process. The issues we had (tap to pay not working properly after we upgraded to the new card chip reading system) were resolved, ICS tech is a pleasure to work with.

That being said for the $$$ (ICS) I would consider a basic terminal (like a Hamilton) as those are not fancy but often more bullet proof than any other terminal. Really depends on how you want to use the terminal. We have ICS at our first remodeled location and Hamilton with their APP at our second location. Our next remodel location (when we find it) will probably be a Hamilton GL (although we may consider the next Hamilton up their paystation line).

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Thanx for the info. I really had no choice, since we're heavily tied into PDQ's Access Machines's WALS (Wash Access Loyalty System) with alot of folks using the cards and wash codes; and it would be a total nightmare to change over to another company's set up. The ICS system will incorporate the WALS stuff into their Wash Connect. Also, any comments on your experience using Wash Connect?

Roz

Reaction score
Thanx for the info. I really had no choice, since we're heavily tied into PDQ's Access Machines's WALS (Wash Access Loyalty System) with alot of folks using the cards and wash codes; and it would be a total nightmare to change over to another company's set up. The ICS system will incorporate the WALS stuff into their Wash Connect. Also, any comments on your experience using Wash Connect?
WashConnect is a huge plus. Makes monitoring the wash quick and easy. I wish Hamilton had a similar system as their Hosted Solutions looks like a Windows 98 vintage.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
That's a big relief, thank you. We will somehow have to get our online purchases that are currently done through our website and the WALS customer portal changed over to ICS's online plan, which scares the hell out of me. It all seems very complicated.

Islandwash

Reaction score
I use ICS for two In Bays plus an Express Tunnel. The Autosentry's work great for In Bays and customers love the Touch Screen. Wash Connect is a delight to use on my I phone. My oldest Auto sentry at one In Bay is over 12 years old and still works great. At my Express Conveyor My Auto Sentry's still work great, even though they are 15 years old; I just upgraded them to take the new Chip cards and Tap.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your input. They sound like they'll be a great improvement over the Access entry machine I've been dealing with for the last 6 years.