What's new

ICA show

Etowah

pgrzes

Reaction score
Well took way too long to finally get to the ICA! Been in the business for 15 years and this year was the first one. And last minute decision at that. I have been going to the N.E. Regional show for years, but have just found it too difficult to get away for the amount of time needed. I really wish I could have stayed longer cause wow that place is huge! One day in show is certainly not enough time. Bought a few things I really wanted/needed(Diskin,Tokens some misc items) and saved enough to pay for my trip! Got to talk to and met a ton of people that I have spent numerous hours in discussions online and on the phone with over the years. It was a great trip and well worth the time and expense. Got to meet up with a bunch of you all from the forum for dinner 2nights and had a blast chatting shop. I am hoping that next year in Nashville I can make a vacation out of it and spend more time on the show floor.
Thanks to Pat and Eric for putting the dinners together for everyone, please forgive me if next year I do get to Nashville and I dont remember everyones names! Was nice to put faces to screen-names.
Thanks guys
Pete

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just got back last night. Yes, it was a good show and it's always great to see other operators. There isn't a ton of new stuff for SS operators but I enjoyed the tunnel seminars. All operators should be paying attention to trends in the express segment- they are steamrolling and are projecting double digit growth in this segment for years to come. Being around enthusiastic operators always re-energizes me . I'm going to make a strong push to modernize my IBA graphics and menus with some products from Mr Foamer.
Already looking forward to Nashville.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
BTW, there are lots of changes in the industry. Sonny's has bought both Diamond Shine and Mr. Foamer. Several new franchise offerings for express exteriors. Small chains are being bought up by bigger players players in a another push for regional or national chains. Paul Fazio mentioned in his presentation new big money is coming into the industry wanting to construct chains of 50+ locations.

sparkey

Reaction score
Just got back last night. Yes, it was a good show and it's always great to see other operators. There isn't a ton of new stuff for SS operators but I enjoyed the tunnel seminars. All operators should be paying attention to trends in the express segment- they are steamrolling and are projecting double digit growth in this segment for years to come. Being around enthusiastic operators always re-energizes me . I'm going to make a strong push to modernize my IBA graphics and menus with some products from Mr Foamer.
Already looking forward to Nashville.
Nashville ?? Is the show back in Nashville next year?