What's new

ICA Show 2016 Nashville

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I heard that the ICA show in 2016 will be in Nashville TN next year. What you guys think about that instead of Vegas for a change and will be in the south for the first time in over 20 years. I am defiantly going since i didn't go this year from what I heard did not miss much. This probably will have more operators from the southeast part of the US that have not in years going more economical for the small time operators like myself. Hope everyone is doing good.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It was in Nashville in 1999. Frankly, I think it will be a bust. I think Vegas is a big draw to the show since there is so much else to do and enjoy there. With the show starting the day after Mother's Day, that will make Mother's Day the travel day for most. You can't compete with Mother's Day. I think the ICA is in for a bigger disappointment than usual this year. It will probably be pretty difficult to put a positive spin on it.

sparkey

Reaction score
I will definitely go since it is in Nashville. I get tired of the same old stuff in Vegas every year. I think there will be a bigger turnout since the larger populated areas are in the east and south and they don't have to travel so far.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I havent been to the ica show in a while, partly because I dont really care for las vegas, it just doesnt do anything for me. I enjoyed the show in Nashville in 99, Jamie & I are planning to make the trip next spring.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I can drive to Nashville and really enjoy staying at the Opryland Hotel. There is plenty to do in Nashville if you enjoy good music and food.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Ya I beleive I am going next year with the wife and my son he will be 1 year and 8 months get some pictures with him at the ICA show maybe he will be a 4 generation SS Carwash guy when he gets older and put him to work. Eat some good food and listen to some country music, looking forward to it Nashville is more appropriate for the family instead of Vegas no half naked girls everywhere which is good for a single man but not the family. I am sure it will be a differnt crowd there that hasnt been in years from this part of the country.

What's the best places to eat anyone? like steaks, chicken cold beer ect...

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to having the convention in my backyard (I live 15 miles south in Franklin). They just built a huge new convention center downtown, and there's lots to do in the immediate area (music, restaurants, bars) if you have extra time.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I went to Nashville in 99 and will go in 2016 in spite of the cross country travel and higher expense.

PEI

Reaction score
i'm looking forward to having it in Nashville. I really don't enjoy Vegas. It just isn't my kind of thing. I will be there.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Im glad its Nashville too. I have not been in about ten years just because it has been in Vegas. San Antonio is ok. Chicago sucks. Looking forward to Nashville. My mother will understand.

soapy

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am going to Nashville. I am scared some one will kick my dog and steal my wife.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
i'm looking forward to having it in Nashville. I really don't enjoy Vegas. It just isn't my kind of thing. I will be there.
What, you don't like the barrage of prostitutes propositioning you?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Since it will be within driving distance, I will be there. I just hope my truck doesn't break down.

I can visit my mom in prison on the way...after all, it will be Mother's Day.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Nashville is a happening town and can't wait to make the trip. Vegas has gotten "old" unless it's a launch pad for post show excursions. I thoroughly enjoyed Chicago (would have preferred later date), and am more inclined to attend non Vegas venues.

BTW- the Nashville schedule provides an opportunity to check the Kentucky Derby off the bucket list and then move on to Nashvile. What a bonus!