What's new

IBA

washnshine

Reaction score
How much does a new Razor cost?
Your best bet would be to figure out which model you want, which features you want then contact your distributor. There is machine cost, installation, plumbing cost, electrical cost, pay station, plus any bay modifications needed. Probably most on the forum will tell you that it will be between $125 and $175, depending on all of the above variables and what you might already have in place.

mac

Reaction score
Wash and shine said it well like asking what a new house cats. After sale service and parts availability are both good things to lol at.

mgmtoo

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Trying to get some kind of comparison. I'm replacing an old High Velocity. With the companies that sell, it's hard to get any competitive bids.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Also, Distributors add on to the price for how they see fit. Same exact setup will be different prices, sometimes greatly, in different parts of the country.

mac

Reaction score
We are about to give a down payment on a Razor with a new paystation and pvc wall coverings. This machine will be a replacement to our aging machine. It will be approx 185k after all is said and done.
Does that cost include everything? Freight,permits, taxes, and install? If so that seems like a good price.

Roz

Reaction score
WW has changed their pricing model from the past. They have made many items that were formerly standard into options. The base price has gone up about 10-15% since 2017 but more items are now options so the real cost increase is higher. If you look at other machines you will probably find that the razor is competitively priced to them. Razor is still the most owner friendly machine out there. I think the Petit is about $200k.

You complain now but wait until Sonny’s buys WW and the prices really go up. Rumor has it that Sonny’s is circling them. I just hope the owners decide to stay independent otherwise small car wash business expenses will go much higher.

washnshine

Reaction score
You complain now but wait until Sonny’s buys WW and the prices really go up. Rumor has it that Sonny’s is circling them. I just hope the owners decide to stay independent otherwise small car wash business expenses will go much higher.
That’s interesting because Sonny’s sold off their former IBA side of their business to Oasis years ago so they could dedicate their business entirely to tunnels. Must be it is a big piece of the pie and they want a bite with the right company.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That’s interesting because Sonny’s sold off their former IBA side of their business to Oasis years ago so they could dedicate their business entirely to tunnels. Must be it is a big piece of the pie and they want a bite with the right company.
This is true. If Sonny's takes over WW,Oasis should explode. Very good family owned company, w/ dang good washes. They just need more distributors...

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
The open market has a way to adjust to changing conditions.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I can’t speak for coach, but I think many people have felt that the personal attention, care, accessibility and quality of smaller companies can get lost when they are taken over by larger companies.
WashNshine is correct. Id bet their prices go up quite a bit as well.
Oasis is then 1 of the only smaller, family owned businesses left. They make great IBAs, & will bend over backwards to help owners out. Sonny's ain't doing any of that.

washnshine

Reaction score
You all probably remember, but Washworld was originally formed by some former PDQ employees breaking away to offer better products, support and service.

New Washdog

Reaction score
WW has changed their pricing model from the past. They have made many items that were formerly standard into options. The base price has gone up about 10-15% since 2017 but more items are now options so the real cost increase is higher. If you look at other machines you will probably find that the razor is competitively priced to them. Razor is still the most owner friendly machine out there. I think the Petit is about $200k.

I certainly hope for WW to remain independent.

These M&A are all part of big businesses plan to limiting choice, generating profits and nothing else. With these major consolidations we consumers lose, especially us smaller ones. With big business buying the smaller competitors we not only lose choice but there is a loss of support and innovation that comes with smaller businesses and healthy competition.

washnshine

Reaction score
I remember about 30 years ago when a group in Dallas bought the number 1 and number 2 car wash manufacturers of the day. They made Hanna and Sherman into Hanna - Sherman. Pretty much killed off both companies.