What's new

IBA wax High pressure or low pressure

sparkey

Reaction score
When applying the clearcoat protectant on an IBA is it better to use a high or medium pressure or a low pressure arch and say a flojet pump? It seems the high pressure application would take more chemical and be more watered down. What is your opinion?

briteauto

Reaction score
When applying the clearcoat protectant on an IBA is it better to use a high or medium pressure or a low pressure arch and say a flojet pump? It seems the high pressure application would take more chemical and be more watered down. What is your opinion?
If this is a touchfree unit, it depends on your other cycles and wash program and how many passes your machine makes. If you are using only one hp cycle, you might want to keep that as pure water and then go low pressure on the ccp and then sfr.

If you have two or more hp passes, then you can inject the ccp in the last hp pass, then sfr.

I've seen set ups with only one hp pass, and I don't like to see that cycle double as the primary presoak hp rinse and wax application in the same pass. I don't think cleaning chemicals and waxes should meet.

I'd go with whatever method will not slow down your machine by adding an extra pass, but will still give you the desired cleaning result. Most chemicals can be applied either way, with different dilutions.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If you can work it out and have to choose between the two, low pressure CCP will likely work better at same or lower cost per car.

Depending on IBA setup, High or medium pressure application could be just like in SS, there is a time delay between when the function starts and the product actually comes out of the nozzle. I have water wizards and program two CCP passes in a row to get adequate CCP coverage on the entire vehicle.

I think it's best to offer both, and use a premium(rainx or similar) product and charge a 2.00 upgrade.