What's new

IBA/tunnel

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have a 6 bay all self serve. The opportunity has arrised to purchase 2 washes within 10-15 miles away. Each of the 2 has 4 self serve bays and an automatic that are less than 3 year old. The most income producing wash has a proposal of a tunnel wash coming within a mile away. Very busy highway. I'm looking at a hefty purchase price and curious of how much IBA ( friction ) income would leave for the tunnel. I run a very good business very thorough on my maintenance at my current wash.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Is this an express exterior? If so, I would say a lot of the income would leave that site.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think a lot would leave because you are friction- which is what the tunnel will be. If you were touchless, you would be able to differentiate and possibly wash a wider variety of vehicles. I own a friction tunnel, but if I ever put in an IBA at one of my self serve sites, I would think twice about friction because I think I would be cannibalize my own customers. Touchless would give my customers another option.