What's new

IBA Promotion Ideas

MEP001

Reaction score
It was taped inside a trifold flyer. I'd probably use an envelope next time as the Tokenotes were fairly messed up by their second use. The flyer said "Free car wash coupon" and the business address on the outside, which you could have printed on an envelope. Each flyer was hand-addressed which I feel minimized them just getting thrown away. We got the house addresses from the tax records - we tried a service that put them on windshields at a couple apartment complexes but almost none of them came back. Never tried just mailing them to "Occupant" at apartment address.

Dayead

Reaction score
Thank you for that. I am thinking of trying something similar, but with like $5 off Works wash so they have to ether apply it to top wash or it’s not worth anything else. Still will make money and hopefully attract more people to the top package.

Dayead

Reaction score
MEP, Appreciate all the feedback. I was wondering if you noticed any permanent increase in sales due to this or was it a one time thing?

Also, curious for everyone here, any other profit center ideas to increase revenue for a self serve / IBA Property?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

MEP001

Reaction score
There was a definite increase in sales, and even giving only a free basic wash the top wash sales counts were more than the others combined, so I'm sure returning customers were upgrading.

Dayead

Reaction score
That’s awesome. I was considering mailing out a $5 off top wash coupon instead of a free $5 wash so I can at least get them to spend something and restrict it to the top wash. It’ll still be perceived as free money I hope. That’s my slant at this time.

MEP001

Reaction score
Our approach was just to get them there. Having them leave with a clean car for free was to get them to come back and spend money.