What's new

IBA Price Increase?

WashSingh

Reaction score
I replaced me equipment roughly 3 years ago, and established the following prices for my packages:

Basic: $10
Better: $12
Best: $13
Platinum: $16

With Maintenance/Parts/Water/Electric/Chemical prices on the rise I was thinking of increasing the package prices to the following:

Basic: $10
Better: $13
Best: $15
Platinum: $17

Was not planning on changing anything around with the machine or packages, but just increasing prices except for the basic package. Not sure how my customers would take it. Any feedback from someone who has done something similar? Lessons learned, suggestions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

chaz

Reaction score
What are your prices. I’m in cinn Ohio. 8,10,12,14. Thinking about 11,13,15 (drop the bottom) or 9, 10, 13, 15......thought here is for $1 folks will go to 10....also allows keeping a 10 that’s most popular with cash customers

slash007

Reaction score
I'm at $8, 10, 13 and 16. I like your $10-$17 range. That will be my next increase, or good chance I drop the bottom at least.

washnshine

Reaction score
Was not planning on changing anything around with the machine or packages, but just increasing prices except for the basic package. Not sure how my customers would take it. Any feedback from someone who has done something similar? Lessons learned, suggestions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Not necessary to accompany price increases with upgrades/increase in services. Good wash owners do that when necessary/applicable.

Raising your prices to account for increases in costs such as utilities, labor, chemicals etc. is part of doing business.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Not necessary to accompany price increases with upgrades/increase in services. Good wash owners do that when necessary/applicable.

Raising your prices to account for increases in costs such as utilities, labor, chemicals etc. is part of doing business.
Exactly. McDonald's doesn't add extra spit to a Big Mac when they raise the price.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
How do you handle the change if when they pay with a $20? That's a lot of quarters on a $12 wash, just deal with it?

slash007

Reaction score
How do you handle the change if when they pay with a $20? That's a lot of quarters on a $12 wash, just deal with it?
I dispense dollar coins. Most pay stations can do that. Only other option is if you have a bill recycler, which most don't and it can't be added after the fact.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes just deal with it. Most customers only 'hit the jackpot' once. Next time they have correct change or use credit.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes just deal with it. Most customers only 'hit the jackpot' once. Next time they have correct changer or cc.
Or buy the next wash up/top wash to get fewer quarters - there’s more than one way to push customers to that top package! 😆

MEP001

Reaction score
Or buy the next wash up/top wash to get fewer quarters - there’s more than one way to push customers to that top package! 😆
Time to upgrade bill acceptors to one that accepts $50 and $100 bills.

Etowah