What's new

IBA Pressures??

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My IBA has an HP wax function. Normally it was 440psi. It had been getting lower lately and finally began pulsating.

I thought it was the solenoid valve that redirects some of the water back into the pump, so I changed that. The result is that the HP wax is now at 1050 psi, same as my normal HP passes.

I think I am on the right track with the solenoid. I did install one that I had on the shelf awhile so I think I should get a new one and see if the pressure on HP wax is more in my previous 'normal' range, right???

TIA!:D

briteauto

Reaction score
Waxman,

I had the same thing happen and it was the solenoid. I'd say that if you're back to the pressure of your normal hp passes, you are out of the woods.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I think originally the HP wax was somewhat lower than full-on HP (like my rinses after presoak and foam polish).

Ordered a new HP valve.

Thanks.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Waxman,

How is it setup? For my HP Wax pass, the HP pump turns on along with the low pressure pump and the wax solenoid opens. So the HP wax is at the same pressure as the HP rinse. Is that not the case for you?

Big

briteauto

Reaction score
Waxman,

How is it setup? For my HP Wax pass, the HP pump turns on along with the low pressure pump and the wax solenoid opens. So the HP wax is at the same pressure as the HP rinse. Is that not the case for you?

Big
That is the case with me too - they are the same pressure. I've seen machines that actually apply the wax at a medium pressure that is significantly lower, but I assumed this was to be the same pressure as the HP wash.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I am wondering and will have to go and look at the manual but I thought it was a little lower.

The setup is; theres a main line coming off the CAT pump. One part has a T that goes to a solenoid (HP 24vac) and then a bypass hose (sort of like an unloader?) that looks like it directs some water back into the HP pump.

So now on my top wash I have a total of 3 HP passes; HP rinse for presoak. HP rinse for foam polish and HP wax after that then spot free and blowers.

Are you guys doing 3 HP passes on your top pkg.??

briteauto

Reaction score
So now on my top wash I have a total of 3 HP passes; HP rinse for presoak. HP rinse for foam polish and HP wax after that then spot free and blowers.

Are you guys doing 3 HP passes on your top pkg.??
Waxman,

I have presoak; HP rinse for presoak, foam polish, HP wax, then right to spot free. So, only 2 HP's on the top package. The HP wax rinses the polish and the spot free comes right after the wax and is at a lower pressure.

I have not found it necessary to do a dedicated HP just to remove the foam polish. I apply my HP wax right after the polish. I think it also helps to disperse the foam. Everyone's situation is different, however.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I agree with Briteauto, dump the HP rinse and do the HP Wax (drying agent) slower. Will save you time & cash. I have been doing this from day one without issue.

I also have a productivity rinse on my bridge. It's basically like a rain shower that takes much less time than a full hp rinse out the arch.

I believe that you only need one slow HP function (either rinse or wax) per wash since the HP water impact is to remove loosened soil from the alkaline presoak. If you have an acid & alkaline presoak, then I would do two HP passes.

Finally, unless you have a VFD motor on your HP pump and your still pumping the HP wax through the arch, it should be the same as the HP rinse.

My 2 cents...Big

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Waxman: Sounds like you have a seperate regulator and solenoid to bypass back to the tank - This should allow you to run a medium pressure pass of sealant / drying agent. (About half the water usage of a full pressure pass)

We have a similar setup on the Washworld Automatic. It gets used on wash packages where we require a rinse to remove foam polish etc... - Allows us to run at 450-500 PSI instead of 1000 PSI.

If your pressure isn't dropping, then sounds like the solenoid is stuck closed, either needs rebuild or replace.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I stand corrected by Kenpro...I guess the idea of a separate solenoid and regulator would be a water saver option?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Yeah Big - That's the Resource Conservation System in Washworld speak.

We don't use it on every wash package, but it does allow us to apply waxes on seperate passes if we desire, without running massive amounts of water.

Also, we use it to cut back the undercarriage wash to 500 PSI instead of the full 1000 PSI on sites with water consumption issues.