What's new

IBA Paystations

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I'm adding a 3rd location and am on the fence about the technology in pay stations. My other 2 locations have Unitec wash pay in the self serve bays and WSII's at one location and a Portal TI at the other. I don't utilize the fleets much as I only have a few customers signed up. At the new wash, I have decided to go completely coinless and install Nayax readers and bill acceptors in the self serve bays and vacs, and also integrate everything with Beacon Mobile. My issue is that the Portal's, which I really like, are very expensive and all of the fleet, codes, accounting, loyalty, and memberships can now be handled on my own personalized App with Beacon. I'm really not sure why I need to spend the money on anything special for a paystation. I actually would love to just have a box with a bill acceptor and the Nayax reader and signs pointing customers to the App interface. The new wash has Hamilton ACW's now and are in rough shape. I found that Dencar makes a replacement door with a large touchscreen and has all the software to handle the monthly wash club memberships, but why do I need that if I have the App? Someone steer me in the right direction please!

Lighthouse

slash007

Reaction score
Look for a used Portal. Not all customers will want to use the app and the customer interface on the portals is great.

SuperShine

Reaction score
If you’re serious about wash clubs and this location warrants it, the Dencar retro door is the way to go and will more then pay for itself. Beacon is an amazing app and puts Dencar’s current App UI to shame but it’s no match when it comes to active signup and marketing directly on the kiosk IMO.
Ask about their new standalone smaller screen kiosk.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
If you’re serious about wash clubs and this location warrants it, the Dencar retro door is the way to go and will more then pay for itself. Beacon is an amazing app and puts Dencar’s current App UI to shame but it’s no match when it comes to active signup and marketing directly on the kiosk IMO.
Ask about their new standalone smaller screen kiosk.

Spoke at length today with Phil. I was very impressed. I think great things are coming soon for them. I like the fact that they use LPR to keep people from cheating. I think it will be a small sample size to start with where I offer club memberships that restrict the number of washes per month and give a free vacuum, then as it grows, I can increase the number of washes per membership. Seems like a good way to keep from jumping in unlimited and then having to scale it back. I'm actually rethinking the Nayax readers and going with the KioSoft reader that Dencar uses, then if they integrate self serve bays into their system, they could be added easily. I also feel like if there is a request from a customer about adding a feature or improving something, they will actually listen. I've beat my head against the wall for a long time with Unitec, just trying to get them to make a few improvements. They don't even listen.

Lighthouse