What's new

IBA memebership subscription

SuperShine

Reaction score
How about we stop using the customer that washes 4-6 times a year nonsense when trying to establish a baseline for membership calculation when we all know that guy will not buy a monthly unlimited anything anyway.
Use a customer that will actually buy a membership that washes three times a month and all the unlimited math falls to pieces.
Sure wash clubs, unlimited or otherwise have been a huge industry failure. I mean it’s not like there hasn’t been an unprecedented boom in express wash builds for the past ten years funded specifically on the game changer that is wash club revenue.
Averages are just that, the average washer and are well researched. Ignore at your own risk I’d say.

edcrawfordlv

Reaction score
I'm pretty green on the membership game. However, as a customer, a membership makes getting a car washed a much better experience. The worst part of getting a car wash is paying for it. Once you commit to the subscription the car wash feels "free". Much the same way Netflix is awesome because everything is "Free".

If a person has a membership with you, no one else can take their business from you. You will get all of their wash business. A person who only washes their car with you 4-6 times doesn't mean they don't wash their car 20 times a year, it just means that they don't always use your wash.

washnshine

Reaction score
If a person has a membership with you, no one else can take their business from you. You will get all of their wash business. A person who only washes their car with you 4-6 times doesn't mean they don't wash their car 20 times a year, it just means that they don't always use your wash.
Yes - part of the success of the membership concept is the loyalty component. Although the wash may feel free, people are well aware that they paid you $30 for the month and become loyal.

Zal

Reaction score
Membership with Dencar Pay station. You set the limits and control abuse Best thing I have done with my IBA. I considered using an app only based membership but they have very little control over multi car abuse. We track license plates and shut them down for abuse. Very easy to operate for a family based business. The LPR cameras are great. The software is great and getting even better.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Membership with Dencar Pay station. You set the limits and control abuse Best thing I have done with my IBA. I considered using an app only based membership but they have very little control over multi car abuse. We track license plates and shut them down for abuse. Very easy to operate for a family based business. The LPR cameras are great. The software is great and getting even better.
100% This

SuperShine

Reaction score
Good to hear Zal. Do you use Dencar bulk single use codes for auto dealer or other promo customers? I’m wondering how to turn the generated codes into QR codes for printing on business cards.

Anyone have any inbay or exterior Dencar LCD panels?

thanks!

Jsobi

Reaction score
We purchased the Hamilton app since the day they offered it and have sold a wash club as soon as that feature became available. We limit it to one wash a day at any of our six IBA sites. The club revenue is now some real money. It has been worth it, and continues to grow considerably each yearly. I think it depends upon how many sites you have to distribute the costs.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have not used the bulk codes. We hand out single code business cards for promo washes and will do the bulk codes if we have the opportunity
Expound upon what all this entails, please.

Zal

Reaction score
You can have random bulk wash codes printed as business cards, rack cards or flyers - or any way you like. Dencar will provide this at a reasonable price through their graphics and web design department. I don’t pursue bulk business but I just hand out the business cards for a free wash promotion from time to time. To me this also helped in transitioning my old Hamilton tokenote customers and get them onto our membership program.

Etowah