What's new

IBA Membership experience data

OurTown

Reaction score
No matter which membership program you end up going with you're going to have instances like this. Do you send them an alert that they are stealing from you, or let it slide? This particular customer is 3 males, 1 female sharing my membership across 6 vehicles, and paying for 1. Surprisingly, I let this one slide. I am still profitable on their washes (unless you factor in them using the bay instead of a paying customer), but they have been members of my top wash since the day I bought the wash and did the remodel, they own one of the best restaurants in town that is always slammed, and I know people recognize them using my wash.

I assume you can take your whole family to eat at their restaurant and only pay for one meal.

traveler17

Reaction score
No matter which membership program you end up going with you're going to have instances like this. Do you send them an alert that they are stealing from you, or let it slide? This particular customer is 3 males, 1 female sharing my membership across 6 vehicles, and paying for 1. Surprisingly, I let this one slide. I am still profitable on their washes (unless you factor in them using the bay instead of a paying customer), but they have been members of my top wash since the day I bought the wash and did the remodel, they own one of the best restaurants in town that is always slammed, and I know people recognize them using my wash.
Absolutely Not!! Who gives a 💩 if they have a busy restaurant. They are stealing and the longer you let it slide the worse off you’ll be because they’ll tell all their friends how easy it is. I can’t get all the abusers w Everwash because I’m not going to take the time to do that but I scan through customers names I see a lot of and weed them out that way. I’m down to averaging 3 washes a month. I banned an entitled state trooper who I warned. He was bringing in 3 other cars. Point is it doesn’t matter who is abusing. They are knowingly taking out of your pocket

OurTown

Reaction score
To be fair at least with my system additional cars pay. In my case $15/each
Mrs Ourtown reminded me that we can do this but I remember that it was a manual process. Is yours set up to charge automatically?

tylerwash

Reaction score
Absolutely Not!! Who gives a 💩 if they have a busy restaurant. They are stealing and the longer you let it slide the worse off you’ll be because they’ll tell all their friends how easy it is. I can’t get all the abusers w Everwash because I’m not going to take the time to do that but I scan through customers names I see a lot of and weed them out that way. I’m down to averaging 3 washes a month. I banned an entitled state trooper who I warned. He was bringing in 3 other cars. Point is it doesn’t matter who is abusing. They are knowingly taking out of your pocket
You can't technically ban someone in Everwash. I got a guy who has been banned a couple of times already. Whenever Everwash banned him, he just used a fake name and the SAME LICENSE # to create a new account and then continued abusing the wash policy. There's nothing you can do if he washes his other cars not on file after hours.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Mrs Ourtown reminded me that we can do this but I remember that it was a manual process. Is yours set up to charge automatically?
Mine is all automatic and is within the app. They simply just open app, select "manage pass", select "manage vehicles", and then select the + button to add.

Attachments

traveler17

Reaction score
You can't technically ban someone in Everwash. I got a guy who has been banned a couple of times already. Whenever Everwash banned him, he just used a fake name and the SAME LICENSE # to create a new account and then continued abusing the wash policy. There's nothing you can do if he washes his other cars not on file after hours.
You can when you talk to his captain 😬This guy got my attention and effort so zero chance he was coming back on my property. I’m always considerate with everyone, explain I want their business but if everyone does what he’s doing I can’t offer this. No apology or remorse so if you’re gonna act like an entitled idiot you’re gonna get treated like one. You're right in that aspect though. There are ways around anything if you want to make that effort. Fortunately most don’t. He thought he was smart and signed up under his wife’s name. Last name you can’t fake. Big town but a town where people know everyone.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
To be fair at least with my system additional cars pay. In my case $15/each
Only $15 per additional car? I assume this is individual wash price. Not additional vehicle price...I only give about a 15% discount for additional vehicles added to membership.

They are stealing and the longer you let it slide the worse off you’ll be because they’ll tell all their friends how easy it is.
THIS!!!! if you don't enforce it what's the point?

edcrawfordlv

Reaction score
I was talking specifically about the heavy users you mentioned - Uber, left, turo
Hasn't been a problem. Like I said, only 2% of the subscribers are washing more than 10/month. Even the knuckleheads that swap plates are still profitable.

RSmith

Reaction score
Yes, VPN into the paystation and restart services. All of your sales will report at the top of the hour as usual.
Tried this last night. VPN'd in, reset services and did not see an update on the sales. Waited a few minutes and tried again, nothing. An hour ago I got a text from the hair salon by the wash that she has seen multiple cars pull up and back out today. My Dencar wasn't accepting any payments, only letting passes through. I reset it and it was then stuck on the Thank You video, reset again and it is accepting payments again. Lost the entire morning (I couldn't go in this morning because my wife had a pregnancy checkup).

Attachments

HeyVern

Reaction score
Tried this last night. VPN'd in, reset services and did not see an update on the sales. Waited a few minutes and tried again, nothing. An hour ago I got a text from the hair salon by the wash that she has seen multiple cars pull up and back out today. My Dencar wasn't accepting any payments, only letting passes through. I reset it and it was then stuck on the Thank You video, reset again and it is accepting payments again. Lost the entire morning (I couldn't go in this morning because my wife had a pregnancy checkup).
The sales won't report until the regular reporting time at the beginning of the next hour. Mine has stopped reporting a couple of times, restarting services fixed it both times. I've had the CC reader stop working a couple of times and had to restart it through the VPN once.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
This particular customer is 3 males, 1 female sharing my membership across 6 vehicles, and paying for 1. Surprisingly, I let this one slide. I am still profitable on their washes (unless you factor in them using the bay instead of a paying customer), but they have been members of my top wash since the day I bought the wash and did the remodel, they own one of the best restaurants in town that is always slammed, and I know people recognize them using my wash.
They can afford a corvette, a nice F150 or 250 or 350 plus 4 more vehicles and are printing money at their restaurant but need to rip you off? Their busy restaurant would have a cockroach infestation if I lived there.

STXCW

Reaction score
Does Dencar use LPR? How are customers stealing washes, are they swapping license plates?

OurTown

Reaction score
Does Dencar use LPR? How are customers stealing washes, are they swapping license plates?
They use LPR but does not rely on it to start wash. It's just for fraud reduction and is up to the the operator to deal with the alerts the system gives you.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Yes, Dencar uses LPR to verify the being washed is the car registered to the pass. I try not to let customers know that it's reading their plates so they don't start swapping plates. They could swap plates to steal washes you would have to look at their pass history to catch them.

Rainway

Reaction score
Have been using Everwash for a couple of years, averaging 4-6 washes/mo per customer depending on the season. EverWash doesn’t have the technology to catch the abusers. You do have to use your security camera system to spot check them and manually report them to Everwash. As for the pricing structure, Everwash strongly opposes charging a monthly customer more than 2X of a single wash. So, my cheapest wash is about 2X while the top wash is about 1.9X of the single wash respectively.
I'm not familiar with Everwash - 2X seems low to me. What do you mean by they strongly oppose? Like they give you grief on how you price your own car wash memberships?

I'm focusing on Dencar for the security aspect to offset abuse.