What's new

IBA lighting

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I finally replaced one side of my double bay IBA with ceiling mounted LSIs. It was down to just one out of 3 wall packs that were working...dark and not very inviting. All I can say is WOW!!!, it's like daylight in there now with just two fixtures. The other bay is still working, but the new LSIs make that bay look dark! I've been watching from home and the customers are flooding in now to that bay after dark. Got all my signage fixed (bulbs/ballasts) and some of my pole lights fixed (bulbs) at both our locations...the places look brand new at night. All the bays will eventually get the LSIs, but they aren't cheap!

Bob Koo

Reaction score
Just curious on what Watt LSI (Scottsdale) lights did you just put up. I'm doing a Thanksgiving Day weekend project and going to replace my 400 Watt MH's with the 320 Watt, Scottsdales. My thinking has been that I was going to increase the illumination, but cut electrical consumption at the same time. I have seven bays (5/2) with 4 fixtures in each bay. I'm doing the Recess Adapter kits that will be a short canopy that will retrofit into my current recessed Cans.

I think I am making a good decision.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you please give specs as well as cost per lite? Thanks!

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I'll get the specific watts (I'm thinking 320), part numbers, description and price tonight when I get home. I had an electrician come over Friday and install them and I've had them a while so I just can't remember off the top of my head. The only thing I do know right now is that an attic was necessary for this model. The 'guts' slip through a hole cut in the ceiling and the only thing hanging in the bay is the lense and bulb, much like newer canopies that gas stations use.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
update please!

:Dcost per light? part #? pictures? thanks!

raisetheprice

Reaction score
It's been raining here for a few days, I wanted to get some pictures with the sun out. Plus, my camera is in the shop because the LCD is cracked...:mad:. I just bought the darn thing less than 6 months ago. It's under warranty, so hopefully they'll just give me a new one. Sorry for the delay, the lights were around $300 each, but I'll get you the exact amount.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
finally got them

Sorry Waxman, I finally got around to getting these pics for you. The fixtures are LSIs part # 133166, a little over $300 each. Oh, and my favorite helper, Rhett.

mac

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed that might have been done differently was placement of the light by the entrance end of the bay. It looks like the undercarriage spray might get it. Nice light though.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I put it toward the entrance of the bay 6' off of the top swivel frame. I think it looks closer to the entrance of the bay in the picture than it really is.